Open today: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Review Highlights
Great tour guide

We were on a travel package from Boston, to Freeport, to Portland, to Kennebunkport and return to... read more

Reviewed yesterday
easiwin1948
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Best Lighthouse Tour

Reviewed May 17, 2019
sharonmR4421MG
Long Beach, United States

All reviews private tour lobster shack portland head light excellent tour new england leigh norm kennebunk bush ship driver lighthouse information company video store
Selected filters
Reviewed May 17, 2019

I was in Portland and Bar Harbor Maine for five days for my birthday and the goal was to see at least 12 lighthouses with an ultimate goal of seeing all fifty states in the next few years. I actually saw 19 lighthouses and each guide was knowledgeable, friendly, prompt and good drivers. Being a private tour it was more expensive than a group tour and worth every dollar.

As a bonus I also saw the Portland Freedom Trail, Kennebunk and a host of other sites including a prison store, Stonewall Company and alpacas which we don't have in CA :)

I am vegetarian and one of the guides Leigh did research to make sure my food needs were met which was great and so caring and she had a great sense of ease about her. The company provided information on hotels before I booked my trip. Don even took me to the airport at the end of the tour and he had a wonderful sense of humor. They had books and maps and the owner Norm provided bonus gifts that are very special and remind me of the great trip each time I look at them.

Each day was special and I had an absolutely wonderful time on this tour. If or when I go back to Maine I would definitely use this company again! Thank you Leigh, Don and Norm.

Date of experience: May 2019
1  Thank sharonmR4421MG
Norm F, Owner at Maine Day Trip Tours, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2019

Hello Sharon,
Thank you very much for your 5 star review! We all appreciate it very much. We enjoyed meeting you and showing you some of the very interesting places around Maine. Good luck on your all 50 state quest - that will be so much fun!
Best regards, Leigh, Don and Norm

Reviewed November 26, 2018

Every time I travel to a new place I schedule a private tour so that I can get an "inside" look at my new destination. The day that we spent with Leigh was one of the best experiences ever. We have had private tours from coast to coast and Leigh is absolutely one of the most welcoming, thoughtful and insight guides ever. Actually she isn't just a guide, we feel like we made a friend in Leigh. There were three of us ladies and all of us on our first trip to New England. When Leigh picked us up at our hotel we first plotted out what we wanted to experience. Leigh took us in her minivan around Portland and shared history and plans the city has for future growth. We wanted to do a little shipping so we headed out to LL Bean and the surrounding shops. We were headed to Cape Elizabeth but we wanted hot chocolate and tea so Leigh was nice enough to take us to a lovely café that is in her town. Everything was yummy and the perfect place to grab a warm drink. We then headed to Cape Elizabeth and toured a few light houses and then grabbed a lobster roll and the best strawberry rhubarb pie at The Lobster Shack. We made additional stops here and there and even left with recommendation on additional stops since we were leaving for Boston right after the tour. On Leighs recommendation we stopped in Kennebunkport and we fell in love with Dannah's on Ocean Avenue not to mention the amazing views off look out point. We also enjoyed Leigh's recommendations in Ogunquit as we enjoyed our walk along the Marginal Way and the shops at the end of our walk. We would not have had these experiences and found these gems if it weren't for Leigh. Thank you!! we will be back!!

Date of experience: October 2018
1  Thank cyndeet3
Norm F, Owner at Maine Day Trip Tours, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2018

Hello Cyndeet3,

Thank you for your 5 Star review. Leigh and I really appreciate your in depth comments and we would love to see you and your group back in Maine! Best regards, Norm

Reviewed October 4, 2018 via mobile

Took a tour with Don. He was great, informative & kept the tour interesting. Very nice man. Suggest this for everyone.

Date of experience: October 2018
Norm F, Owner at Maine Day Trip Tours, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2018

Thank you for your 5 star review! We all love to show off Maine and hope you will be able to visit our beautiful state again in the future.

Reviewed July 17, 2018

I cannot give enough praise for the tour we received from Leigh. Before going with Leigh, we told her what we were most interested in seeing and doing, and she designed the perfect tour! (For those who are unsure what they want to see, she’ll also design a tour on the fly.) We asked to see lighthouses and buildings and areas of historical significance. Since we’d never been to Maine before, we wanted to get a taste of everything possible. Her knowledge of the area and its history was exceptional. We immensely enjoyed everything about the tour, including her. By the end of the day we felt like we’d made a new friend. I highly recommend Leigh and these tours. It was well worth every penny.

Date of experience: July 2018
1  Thank Janice L
Norm F, Owner at Maine Day Trip Tours, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2018

Thank you Janice for your excellent review. We really appreciate your comments. Leigh and I are very happy that you enjoyed your Maine Day Trip Tour!

Reviewed July 2, 2018 via mobile

Four of us spent 6 great hours with Leigh from Maine Day Trip tours. She picked us up at our hotel in Portland and proceeded to our first fantastic stop at The Holy Donut. Can't get any better. We continued on our way throughout Portland seeing and learning as much as time would allow. While at Portland Head Light we were able to get a souvenir sketch of it from the delightful artist himself. We were also able to enjoy the beautiful scenery while eating our lunch we purchased from a local food truck. After touring around Kennebunk and Kennebunkport Leigh drove us past the summer home of the 2 Bush presidents. A definite highlight. Since we were staying in Kennebunkport she dropped us off at our hotel. A fantastic tour!
Thanks again Leigh

Date of experience: June 2018
1  Thank William H
Norm F, Owner at Maine Day Trip Tours, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2018

Thank you for the great review. Leigh and I appreciate it very much and am happy that you and your group enjoyed all the locations that you visited here in Maine.