“Excellant Value, Great place to stay”

Americas Best Value Inn-Scarborough/Portland
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Scarborough
Reviewed August 24, 2010

Was having trouble finding a room at a decent price in the Portland area
this time of year.We move towards Scarborough for room search and we find this place as life saver almost half price then what we wold have paid in Portland.
Initially we were little bit confuse but once we check into the room,we
were pleased by their cleanliness and large size rooms.Not much, but is enough to get you started and on your way. The staff were all very friendly and helpful.
Room does have all basic amenities and it centrally located in between Old Orchard Beach and Portland Maine.
I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank NealRich

Reviewed August 22, 2010

The good: The location was only 10 minutes from Portland and 15-20 minutes from the beaches. The exterior of the building was fairly pleasant and there were plantings of colorful flowers on the property. The room size was OK and there was newer carpeting on the floor and newer office type chairs around the table. The weather was quite warm when we were there and the AC worked well. We had requested the use of a mini-fridge which was provided along with a microwave. The bathroom was a very good size; it had a full size tub and an extra long counter (but no drawer storage).

The bad: The hotel is on a main road which makes for a very noisy location. The hotel's sign on the side of the road is not lit up at night so it's quite easy to drive by it in the dark. The breakfast was nasty; bad coffee (per my husband) and prepackaged pastries. Tacky stencilling on the walls, beat up wood furniture, very small bureau, walls in need of painting and/or washing; lots of scuffs and some cobwebs. We also found a few ants in our room. The light fixtures in the bathroom worked sporadically and there were gobs of unsightly caulking around the sink and the tub. The bathroom fixtures were quite old and the window sill was very beat up. The bathroom walls were very thin; we could hear our neighbor showering.

For the price charged, we would not stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank LynnMA28
Reviewed July 14, 2010

I have stayed at the ABVI Scarborough for the past 4 nights, for business travel. I have had a wonderful experience for this stay. The hotel is truly inviting and resemble a home more than a hotel. Beautiful flowers looks inviting to the place.

My room was spacious and more than comfortable, at reasonable rate. The front desk staffs are extremely knowledgeable and very friendly. I will always stay at this place.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank jacksday
Reviewed June 22, 2010

I look for a hotel that is clean, safe and comfy beds. This hotel had ALL three! And the location was great too. Not far from Old Port, Maine. The room was very large and beds were great! Clean rooms. I will always stay here if I go back to Maine!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 10, 2010

We stayed at the motel this weekend and just had to give praise to it. Comfy, clean, spacious room - we had a king bed room. Staff was very friendly. Rate extremely reasonable, <$50 a night... Breakfast was coffee, juice & muffins - basic but all we needed as we planned on going to restaurants anyways...

Great for family if you plan on going to beach - no pool but beach isn't that far away... This place is in an amazing location - close to beach, mall, movie theatre... heads up though - no mini-fridge so could pose issue if planning on staying long time...

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JewelsGreenlaw
Reviewed March 26, 2010

I would highly recommend the America's Best Value in Scarborough for business travelers. Don't be fooled by the low price. The room I stayed in was spacious and very clean. There were no issues with the wireless internet. The owner/manager also went out of his way to make my stay pleasurable. There were a few occasions where I needed something related to work I needed to complete and he did whatever he could to make sure I had what I needed. I was initially concerned with what I would get for such a low price but I eventually realized that cleanliness and quality of service were far better than what I expected.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank sli1108
Reviewed January 17, 2010

It's a low priced stay and the price is right. The room looked old and worn out but it was clean and the beds were good. The location was nice close to Portland and Cape Elizabeth. Have your breakfast somewhere else, the selection is poor and the quality likewise.

• Stayed: October 2009
Also consider these accommodations in or near Scarborough
Comfort Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#10 of 13 in South Portland
Homewood Suites by Hilton Portland

Been to Americas Best Value Inn-Scarborough/Portland? Share your experiences!