“Remarkable Stay”

Americas Best Value Inn-Scarborough/Portland
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Scarborough
Reviewed April 18, 2009

I do quite a bit of traveling for my hobby. I would like to compliment on my recently remarkable stay at the ABVI (Millbrook) in Scarborough, ME. The gentleman was really friendly and polite at check-in. I called down to request information and he followed up to make sure I got what I needed. Because I move from one location to another during each travel, I normally stay a night or two the most at the same place but this time I stayed three consecutive nights. My room was very clean, location was very convenient, the rates were within my spending range, and the gentleman (and his wife) were as friendly as can be. I will definitely recommend to others and stay at this ABVI again in my future travels to Scarborough. I definitely got my "BV" from ABVI.

• Stayed: April 2009
There are newer reviews for Americas Best Value Inn-Scarborough/Portland

Reviewed April 15, 2009

Looks like this Motel is adequate for one nights business only.Rooms are big and ok but lacks of service and poor and rude management.Managers never be at desk and each time guests
have to wait for hrs to see and ask for something it was totally frustated experience.
They advertised continental breakfast but we found only old chilled coffee and soggy donuts
you dont feel like to touch even ,it is totally false advertisement. But it is ok for the money for
one night stay for single people.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed February 9, 2009

We have our group of bird watching personel stayed at this place in Feb 09. As always this place is clean and quite, but this time we were surprised with the improvement. We enjoy our stay here due to fact that this place is easily accessible from US Rte 1.
Staff are very friendly and helped us a lot. Their Wi-Fi works great.
In cold weather, their hot shower makes my day.
Rates are very resonable and I recommend this place for stay.

• Stayed: February 2009
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed September 23, 2008

My mother, 15 month old son, and I recently spent a night here on our way up to Maine's midcoast and the property did not disappoint. The beds were comfortable and this was one of the cleanest hotels I have ever stayed in. The owners were very helpful regarding directions to local restaurants and the best way to head up North. The one downside was they only had siderails instead of cribs for toddlers, which only made for an interesting night for mom!

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed September 10, 2008

A breath of fresh air is how I would describe this hotel. We stayed here one night in a king room and were absolutely amazed with not only the size of this room and bathroom but the cleanliness as well! The decor was beautiful and the bed one of the most comfortable I have slept on! Not only are the grounds nicely landscaped but the hallway and upstairs landing area are appointed with tables, bookcases and wicker furniture giving this hotel a warm atmosphere. Even though this hotel is located right off of Rt. 1 we did not hear any noise at all! The owner is extremely friendly and informative and a small continental breakfast is served from 7-10 am each morning in the office. There are plenty of maps and brochures of the area located right inside the front door to the office. If you want to go anywhere special ask the owner! He is very knowledgable about the area and can direct you anywhere you want to go. Now for the best part!! The phone rang about 5 minutes after we were in our room! It was the owner asking if our accomodations were alright and if we needed anything! How often does that occur? As I said this hotel is a breath of fresh air and we will be back!!

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank dhlabs
Reviewed August 24, 2008

I don't get the good reviews. I was dissapointed. I guess I got a "good deal" thru the AAA website of $120+ for a dble room but there was no microwave, no fridge, no coffeemaker , no hairdryer & I had to go to the front office for an iron & board. By the way, the front office was Amenities Central - that's were everything was including the phonebook, Rest menus & info on the local area- no welcome binder in the room just a single laminated sheet basically directing you to go to the AC above .I didn't see any wicker anything outside on the porch area just your regular plastic motel chairs. The room & bathroom were clean but the bedboard was dusty , the furnishings were intact but sparse and the mattress was terrible -it felt like a low grade futton. At first I did a double take on the address on my itinerary to make sure it was the same location as in the reviews. Maybe they have room grades & I stayed at the low end-? { 2nd flr towards the stairway at the entrance side of the property ?} The good? Friendly front desk staff but that's it , really. For the price I've stayed in much better rooms. I should have stayed at the Comfort Inn down the road.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled solo
1  Thank Voudre
Reviewed August 22, 2008

My wife, 4-year old and myself toured small towns in Maine and needed a place to stay one evening. Drove into this simple little motel and was most pleasantly surprised. Owner/operator went out of his way to give us a great rate, plus he gave us a gift card for dinner for $5 bucks off too! The room was large and close to immaculate. Bathroom was large and clean. The area was quiet which allowed us to get a good night's rest. The area was safe, too, as I walked a 1/4 mile to track down a newspaper at night. I would highly recommend this motel to anybody.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Scarborough
Comfort Inn & Suites
Homewood Suites by Hilton Portland
Candlewood Suites Portland - Scarborough
Extended Stay America - Portland - Scarborough
Fairfield Inn Portland Maine Mall

Been to Americas Best Value Inn-Scarborough/Portland? Share your experiences!