We have been traveling all over New England and found this to be the worst place that we stayed at. We normally follow Trip Advisors ratings and are unsure of how others rated this so high. First of all, the motel is not as the picture appears on the internet. I will try and provide a clear analysis of our visit. First, At best, I would give this a 2 star. The hotel is old, and very basic. The price is very good, location is ok. When we pulled up, it appeared ok but not great. We went to the office and were told that our King Bed rooms were only available on the 2nd floor. They have no elevator so I explained that my wife was handicapped and unable to climb the stairs. We asked to see other rooms and were shown a twin double room. Very old and it smelled. We were shown another room and it also smelled. It was apparent they had an odor problem as several rooms had their windows wide open. We asked to cancel our reservation and the receptionist (Meena) that we would have to call America Best Value Inn to cancel. I did this and was told by them that the Hotel would need to cancel. I went back to Meena and was again that America Best Value Inn would need to Cancel. I again called the company and they said that the individual hotel was sent a cancellation but they would need to stop the charge to my credit card. I again went to Meena and she said she couldn't read any emails and that the owner Jay Patel, would need to do this and he wasn't available. After going back and forth, we left and went down the street to Comfort Inn. Very nice, a little more money but we slept well and had a nice breakfast.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Americas Best Value Inn of Scarborough, Maine, nestled near many great attractions surrounding Portland. Beaches are what draw many people to Maine and there are five just within the town limits of Scarborough itself. If dining is your preference we have two of the top 10 restaurants in the state which are located here in town as well. For kids of all ages, Funtown/Splashtown and Aquaboggan Water Park are but a few miles down the road. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HRS so you can book your Americas Best Value Inn-Scarborough/Portland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Americas Best Value Inn-Scarborough/Portland Hotel Scarborough
- Americas Best Value Inn-Scarborough/Portland Maine