“Breakfast”

Blast From The Past Too Diner
Ranked #33 of 89 Restaurants in Scarborough
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Went for breakfast this am. We have been going there since they opened. I have noticed service and food getting worse with each visit. Today was no different. Booth was soaking wet from being wiped off but never dried. Had to ask for napkins to dry it myself. Waitress took forever to come to table.(ok it was really @5 min). She was very pleasant however. Now the food- English muff. hardly toasted, sausage stone cold in middle, scrambled eggs were disgusting. That was my wife's meal. I ordered over easy eggs, they were completely cooked thru- solid. The home fries(which used to be the best around) were the ones you buy frozen at the store. The hash was very good though. Asked for grape jelly for my cold toast- never got it. Its really too bad this place has gone so far downhill. I really like the style and location. we wont be returning again. Sorry, but I just had to get this off my chest.

1  Thank Rufus W

Reviewed July 31, 2014

Nice decor and clean, but the music playing was not 50's or 60's. Food passable. Only burger on the menu was 8 oz with no alternative size. On a very strict diet and was forced to buy a larger portion cut in half and waist the balance. Spoke with the manager and was not helpful at all. I find this sad with so many people weight and health conscious. Will not return.

Reviewed July 23, 2014

We loved the way this diner looked on the outside, and the 50s theme continued inside. If only they had as much pride in their food as they did in decorating the place.

Our breakfast was okay. But at least 2 hairs were found in the eggs. And one order of the four was wrong (which to her credit, the waitress admitted it was her error and apologized). The seasoned home fries were very good, but we had lost our appetites with the hairs in our food.

Our waitress was friendly, but one other seemed to be very tired and perhaps a bit hung over. I was glad we didn't get her.

I still gave this an "average" rating, because I hope that the hair in the food was a very isolated issue and I hope the owner or manager addresses the issue and it doesn't happen to anyone else. Otherwise, the food was decent and the décor is great.

1  Thank wayneco52
Reviewed July 16, 2014

The food was good. Prices were good and they had some nice specials. Atmosphere was fun with a giant jukebox and classic 50's and 60's music. The staff was very helpful and service was prompt. I do recommend it to all travelers.

Reviewed July 16, 2014

Excellent breakfast. Waitress was prompt and ensured our needs and wants where fulfilled. Atmosphere was really nice. Diner and restrooms was very clean.