“Very Unhappy!!!!”

Dunstan School Restaurant
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed September 10, 2013

We have eaten here quite a few times a few years ago. The food was always good and we always looked forward to our annual visit while vacationing in Old Orchard Beach. Well, what a difference a few years make. We arrived around 4:15 on a Sunday and there were maybe 5 or 6 cars in the parking lot. And now we know why. The first thing I noticed when entering, was the place had a dingy kind of grubby look to it. Our waitree Jocylyn was very nice and I have no complaints about her at all. The food was very unappealing. The steam tables were kind of dingy too! Brown lettuce, dried up salad offerings. A few of the items were ok. Mashed potatoes, stuffing, fried clams were edible but honostly, just thinking about how dirty the place was was a turn off. I could go on and on but I won't. Read all the recent reviews and you'll get the drift! I won't be returning here again and frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if the place closes. Too bad, at one time it was a very enjoyable meal experience!

4  Thank 1357Tombstone

Reviewed September 9, 2013

I've been coming here for years, normally during the lunch hours. The price for the buffet is reasonable. They have a pretty good variety of items; salad fixings, fried clams, a taco bar, and many other choices, even ones for those that are vegetarian or diabetic (the no-sugar pies aren't half bad!) When large groups come in, they do have a tendency to get a bit overwhelmed, but they do the best they can considering sometimes those large groups are unexpected. The servers did a pretty good job keeping the sodas filled and the table cleared of unwanted plates. I would recommend this restaurant if you have small kids or picky eaters. It's not very fancy, but the restaurant is housed in an old school, which makes is unique.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Imagine a bad experience at a buffet restaurant and multiple it several times to arrive at our experience at Dunstan School restaurant. The food was unappealing, the atmosphere dreary and the service was inexcusable. There is very little that was appealing about our visit, except maybe the kids could fill-up on the one or two items they found palatable. Would never return or direct family and friends to this restaurant.

3  Thank SeashoreLife
Reviewed August 23, 2013

The first time I went to this restaurant was in 1986, loved the place. Saw the Ben Johnson / Carl Lewis race there in 1988. I stopped going to OOB in 1990, but returned last year and this year. I still had memories of the really good food served here but I was disappointed by the dinner buffet. Loved the breakfast buffet, though.

There's plenty of food at dinner, but not much of it is really good. Lacking in flavour or spices. It's just average, but with a bigger than average price tag for similar fare.

The breakfast buffet, however, is nice. They make omelette to your liking, the coffee is strong enough, service is decent and it's all worth the 8.99$ price tag.

We will be returning for breakfast, but better can be found for dinner in the area.

1  Thank Benoit N
Reviewed August 17, 2013

We went here and they were just switching over from lunch to dinner so was a bit confusing on what to eat amd trust me the gentleman in the wheelchair eyed your every move and made sure you put it back if a dinner item meanwhile while watching and stirring food the whole time,the gentlemen not very kid friendly either.Been here a few times before with no real issues other then needs a serious makeover but the food used to be good and management was not watching your every move,makes me wonder if under new managment and how long before they close their doors,and let me state that this was a sold out weekend for hotels and their were two cars in the parking lot, this place used to be packed with cars when I drove by.Lesson learned and will not recommend

4  Thank spunky723