“Excellent Food with a Gorgeous View”

Rising Tide Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 90 Restaurants in Scarborough
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner
Reviewed July 12, 2013

This restaurant was excellent. The seafood was incredibly fresh and very well prepared. The view was incredible. I would definitely recommend having a delicious seafood meal here.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

We have looked all over for a little hideaway on the water with fair prices and fresh seafood. Nice view, not fancy, nice staff and yummy meals. The lobster stew...OMG, amazing! Finally! I actually did not want to share our "new secret" but the trip advisor community (and the restaurant) deserve it!

Reviewed June 30, 2013

The restaurant is small. The food is delicious. The staff is family and friendly. There is no obnoxious music to force diners to yell at each other and the waiters. Visibility was limited by fog. Yet, the dozen boats closest to shore were refreshing to see. They were actual working boats instead of the overpriced, ostentatious yachts moored in tourist harbors. The Clam Roll (a full meal with a roll accompanying the clam plate) and seafood chowder were worth the price and more. We travel to Scarborough for the annual Maine Senior Games track meet. We expect to return just to eat at the Rising Tide for lunch and watch the show in the bay.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

My husband and I frequent a lot of restaurants, but this one is a little different. We sat on the deck, with only a few tables. We couldn't believe the view. This little seafood place over looks a bay, which houses lobster boats. As we ate we watched the boats come and go and the lobster men bringing in their catch of the day. You could also see the clam diggers.
Our waitress was polite and knowledgable about the dishes they serve. The lobsters and the clams that are served come from the lobstermen, and clam diggers we were watching.
We decided to have the lobster steamer dinner. It was by far the freshest seafood we've ever had.
We have found our new spot. They will be sure to see us again

1  Thank Snuffalope
Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

Came back an again was NOT DISSAPPOINTED. The location is great and the view is gorgeous. It's a small clam shack style restaurant that's got great food at very affordable prices. The food could not have been any fresher I could literally watch the clams being dug and brought in and lobsterman bringing in their catch. If you're looking for great food, affordable prices and a great view then this place certainly lives up to its great reputation. I notice reviews about the cleanliness. This restaurant isn't for you if you're looking for anything fancy but it isn't dirty. It's a little mom an pops kinda place. During my dinner they got very busy. There was a little pile up but that was only because so many people were waiting to eat. I thought the staff did a great job trying to accommodate everyone waiting to eat. I cannot wait to go back AGAIN.