“Dinner before Seniors Track Meet”

Rising Tide Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 86 Restaurants in Scarborough
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Scenic view, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Merrimack, NH
“Dinner before Seniors Track Meet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

The restaurant is small. The food is delicious. The staff is family and friendly. There is no obnoxious music to force diners to yell at each other and the waiters. Visibility was limited by fog. Yet, the dozen boats closest to shore were refreshing to see. They were actual working boats instead of the overpriced, ostentatious yachts moored in tourist harbors. The Clam Roll (a full meal with a roll accompanying the clam plate) and seafood chowder were worth the price and more. We travel to Scarborough for the annual Maine Senior Games track meet. We expect to return just to eat at the Rising Tide for lunch and watch the show in the bay.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food awesome view”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

My husband and I frequent a lot of restaurants, but this one is a little different. We sat on the deck, with only a few tables. We couldn't believe the view. This little seafood place over looks a bay, which houses lobster boats. As we ate we watched the boats come and go and the lobster men bringing in their catch of the day. You could also see the clam diggers.
Our waitress was polite and knowledgable about the dishes they serve. The lobsters and the clams that are served come from the lobstermen, and clam diggers we were watching.
We decided to have the lobster steamer dinner. It was by far the freshest seafood we've ever had.
We have found our new spot. They will be sure to see us again

1 Thank Snuffalope
“Exceptional food exceptional service and a view that bests any other.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

Came back an again was NOT DISSAPPOINTED. The location is great and the view is gorgeous. It's a small clam shack style restaurant that's got great food at very affordable prices. The food could not have been any fresher I could literally watch the clams being dug and brought in and lobsterman bringing in their catch. If you're looking for great food, affordable prices and a great view then this place certainly lives up to its great reputation. I notice reviews about the cleanliness. This restaurant isn't for you if you're looking for anything fancy but it isn't dirty. It's a little mom an pops kinda place. During my dinner they got very busy. There was a little pile up but that was only because so many people were waiting to eat. I thought the staff did a great job trying to accommodate everyone waiting to eat. I cannot wait to go back AGAIN.

USA
“Good but not great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

I have been coming here for years. One summer it's awesome and the next not so good. Here are the variables that would help:
1. Place could be cleaner
2. Help could be friendlier
3. Food could be more consistent
I've been once this summer and my clam cakes were cold and partially frozen? Waitress uninterested in why I didn't eat them...

Scarborough, Maine
“Great Great Great!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

I am a local and I have heard allot about this restaurant. I didn't think it could live up to the hype, but let me tell you it did! Great fresh lobsters and steamers for myself, my wife got a 1/2 and 1/2 plate with shrimp and scallops that was absolutely delicious and not to mention huge she took allot home with her ( which was great for me). I could go on and on the prices are great and the location is second to none. I will certainly make this place a stop for the rest of my summer.