TripAdvisor
Scarborough
Post
Inbox
Search

“Worst Chinese food ever and SLOW”
Review of Happy Garden

Happy Garden
Ranked #53 of 102 Restaurants in Scarborough
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Diner
Dining options: Lunch, Delivery
Dining options: Lunch, Delivery
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We are new in town and ordered delivery tonight. Took over an hour to get our food, when we were told 40 minutes. The food itself was horrible. My noodle dish had no noodles(???) and just tasted like chicken soup, the fried rice is just greasy uncle bens tasting rice with literally nothing it in except small pork chunks (no peas, onions, egg, etc like most places), the egg rolls have a uniquely unusual taste that is just “off”, and the boneless ribs are fatty and lack sauce. My husband got a few dishes too that he hated. I’m just sorry we ordered so much food and wasted so much money on stuff we threw in the trash. I ate what I could and now my stomach is terribly upset, too.

Absolutely do not eat here. Worst Chinese food ever and it took us forever to get our food. Really ruined our evening since now we aren’t feeling well either.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (46)

Reviewed April 14, 2019 via mobile

Open most days and long hours. Family owned. Not quite that clean (tables). This seems to be a call ahead, take out place. VERY few, highly uncomfortable bench seats and tables. Staff is courteous, not many speak English. Food is good, depending on what you get. IMO, too pricey for what you get. Taste is average to good.

Date of visit: April 2019
3  Thank 123private321
Reviewed July 30, 2018

if you are looking for an above average Chinese takeout and good prices this is it. Nothing fancy, but lots of fresh cut vegetables and good sauces. Thanks Happy Garden you are our go to Chinese takeout while we are home for a cozy night at our summer cottage! They deliver too:)

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed April 20, 2018 via mobile

Tonight I ordered beef and broccoli from Happy Garden when I received it from delivery driver he said I don't know what you ordered but this bag is very wet it was completely soaked through I called Happy Garden and said my beef and broccoli is in the paper bag instead of in the container I was called a liar and told if I wanted any money back or a new order I had to bring it to the store what he neglected to tell me was they closed in 5 minutes I got there in 15 they were still cleaning I knocked on the door told him what was going on and was told once again I'm a liar and they weren't going to do anything about it this is Criminal I not only brought the food but I brought the paper bag that was completely soaked through couldn't put the food back in it still I'm a liar that's not the best way to keep customers I'm going to show you a picture of this paper bag

Date of visit: April 2018
2  Thank David F
Reviewed March 19, 2018 via mobile

I got stranded and needed to find a place to deliver food. I was very happy with my order. The picture is a pupu platter for one! The portions were very generous and the food delicious. I had homemade duck sauce to go with it and it was heavenly.

Date of visit: March 2018