“Don't believe the negative reviews”

Bayley's Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #20 of 87 Restaurants in Scarborough
Cuisines: Seafood
“Don't believe the negative reviews”
Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

I ate at both bayley's ice cream and restaurant and I do not subscribe to most of these reviews. I understand the lobster roll is pricey and small but I have had service with a smile at both places. I have had the clam and scallop combination that blew my mind on freshness and taste. That alone was worth the trip to the restaurant and I had my first experience with Maine's blueberry cheesecake ice cream and their sea salt caramel with gummy bears (yep,,, dreams do come true). Both was served with a smile and I walked out with a smile on my face both times.

I understand that it can be pricey and I understand it may depend on what time of the year you visit but you have to understand that its fresh seafood subject to market prices and if it's recommended by the locals for food then you must try it. I am not a local but I understand that tourism have a part to play in prices but also understand that the locals know where to go.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank aleequi

Winslow, Maine
“Not my first choice.”
Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

We came here because the party we were with wanted to try it. It was OK, but doubt we'll be back. The menu OK, food ok and same with atmosphere.

West Palm Beach, Florida
“Not bad seafood”
Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

The food was a little pricey but good... Had the combination fried seafood plate.. Very fresh ..very good..fried clams were awesome. The food made the price work.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank D S
Maine
“The Second Best”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Bayley's is the second best fried seafood place in the area with Ken's being the first. Definitely worth a try.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Maineguy0001
Singapore, Singapore
“worst lobster restaurant in maine”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

we recently visited this restaurant on our holidays to maine. it had a high rating with tripadvisor and decided to try it. we were shocked. the service was terrible.
we thought we were in a "red neck" country. the lady that served us was unfriendly and cold. my wife and i ordered fresh lobsters. when we received them , they were certainly not fresh. the meat was hard and tough. we have the feeling that they probably thought that we had no idea what fresh lobsters tasted like. this was not honest and i would advise any potential visitors to beware. this is not a place to have a decent meal.

• Visited September 2013