“Good casual restaurant”

Bayley's Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #21 of 89 Restaurants in Scarborough
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Casual eating, good seafood. Haddock was the freshest and prepared well. Clam chowder was thick and full of clams. French fries were so so.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

This is my #1 place to go for seafood when in the Scarborough area. I used to live in the area and could smell the yummy seafood on my neighborhood walks. I love the haddock which is always fresh, flavorful and thick pieces so yummmmmyily fried for me. And onion rings...I can't say enough about them, always so light and perfectly cooked ! Serving size is large so sometimes I order the Kid's size of Haddock and chips. Service is fast. I can sit inside their cabin coastal environment in a booth or outside on a picnic table. Thank goodness I can order there year-round.....of course the picnic tables are folded up for the snowy season!

2  Thank nanceb1439
Reviewed September 10, 2013

After more than 500 miles of driving, I was expecting more from my first Maine lobster experience. The lobster was good, but the portion was very small and the price was higher than I expected for what we received. We had the lobster rolls. My husband ordered his without the bun, mine came on a toasted hotdog roll. Ok, but not fantastic. Maybe my expectations were too high?

Reviewed September 9, 2013

I ordered one of the fish platters. And they did put a decent sized portion of fish on the platter, but it was a bit expensive. I have paid less for larger meals. But the food overall was good.

2  Thank Ha-p-2-b-home-n-ME
Reviewed September 8, 2013

I am from RI, and this place reminds me of Flo's in Newport RI and Portsmouth RI. The walk up window where you order some fresh seafood!

I went to Maine for the first time, and was there for two days. On day one, I went to Clambake Restaurant for a great fisherman's platter. We drove by Bayley's and It could my eye. The next day, I was craving a nice lobster roll, so we tried out Bayley's,

My girlfriend and I both got lobster rolls and split a large soda and it cost $30, which is reasonable. I was a bit disappointed with the length of the rolls, as it was the same as a hot dog. They were stuffed with lobster meat however, and had a perfect amount of mayo and no celery or lettuce which is perfect. Also perfect was the butter toasted roll, it was awesome!

We did not try any other seafood or the ice cream, but we enjoyed the handcut fries and onion rings. I'd try it again if in the area!

2  Thank Mike M