“Overpriced and under portioned”

Anjon's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #27 of 89 Restaurants in Scarborough
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Since 1954 Anjon's Italian Restaurant has been serving the people of Scarborough and Southern Maine area only the finest Italian cuisine, choice steaks and freshest Maine seafood. Our world famous gourmet pasta sauces and stuffed bread are award-winning and mouth watering; come in and see for yourself! Offering private rooms for functions or large parties and catering available for pick-up
Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

We went there for Saturday birthday celebration lunch with 7 people. As we entered, there was stereotypical pizan music playing. Hand written Specials board had interesting fare. I ordered fisherman platter from it at $12.00. It included 2 small pcs of fried haddock, 14 very small shrimps, 4 fried clams and some French fries. A small simple side salad was $6.00. Soda drinks were $3.00. So, $21.00 for this paltry meal.
I have no reason to go back.

There are newer reviews for Anjon's Italian Restaurant

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We live just a few minutes from this local favorite, and consider it our home restaurant. The prices are moderate (excellent in the off season), the service is always outstanding and very friendly. The veal saltimboca and lobster stew are extra special and we are always happy that we came. Their holiday special dinners are always excellent and very well attended.

Thank Earle and Elean... B
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Went to dinner with my GF on a Monday night so the place wasn't swamped with people. The reception was quick and pleasant and we were seated at a table in front of a picture window looking out over the marsh. It's winter but the view was still pretty. The waitress was very attentive as we looked over our menu. I ordered a 1/2 chicken w/potato's & Asparagus and my GF ordered some pasta number. The food came out as described, the portions were large, and the food was delicious. I am typically a member of the clean plate club and rarely take food home, but we both had food left over for another meal. Overall, the experience was comfortable, food was yummy, and just felt very friendly. Any time I am in the area again I will happily return.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

Right on the Scarborough Marsh on Route One. This is a moderately priced Italian restaurant with lovely decor. The meals are wonderful, service is excellent. They have a very unique Marinara sauce that is spectacular.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Had a taste of this on Christmas Eve (someone in the group ordered it) and couldn't wait to get back so I could order my own plate! It was, as my first taste was, F A N T A S T I C! I highly recommend Anjon's for their food and atmosphere.