“really good food, wide choice, nice people” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Egg & I Restaurants- Scarborough

The Egg & I Restaurants- Scarborough
Ranked #3 of 85 Restaurants in Scarborough
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Egg & I Scarborough, Maine breakfast restaurant offers gourmet coffee, 100% pure-squeezed orange juice and a variety of menu choices you will enjoy time and time again.
doswell, va
“really good food, wide choice, nice people”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

stopped here on 9/7/13 - wonderful place. comfortable to eat in, nice-sized portions, tasty, reasonably priced. Will make this our breakfast place henceforth whenever we're in the Scarborough area. Highly recommended.

Visited September 2013
5 Thank gerry w

Falls Church VA
“We loved The Egg & I”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

We visited Egg & I on a recent trip to Maine. My only complaint is that it was really, really hard to decide what to order! I had my mind made up when we were seated that I would get something on the sign board at the front. But then when I saw all the seafood choices in the omelets and fritattas and Benedicts. I couldn't resist the asparagus and lobster benedict. I was not disappointed. It was delicious. As a previous reviewer said, the eggs were on the edge of being over-done but were runny enough to make it acceptable. The lobster and asparagus were both tender and delicious. One member of our party had the chili rellenos, a perennial favorite of hers and she said it was perfect, very flavorful. The clam chowder was very good. The open faced omelet was excellent although I didn't have it and cannot say exactly what was in it. The other member of our group had a chicken cordon bleu mix -- layers of potatoes, chicken, hame, hollandaise and cheese. He loved it also. We all highly recommend this charming restaurant.

• Visited October 2013
5 Thank Twochris
Louisville, Kentucky
“Delicious breakfast and lunch foods”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

We chose this restaurant based on other reviews and were not disappointed. The raisin French toast our daughter ordered was deliciously topped with a cinnamon butter and served with syrup as well as eggs and meat.

The veggie frittata was excellent. I asked about other available sides (instead if potatoes) and got to choose from a cup of fruit or yogurt or cottage cheese. I chose the fruit and was not disappointed. My meal also came with raisin toast.

My husband enjoyed the large breakfast burrito and ranch potatoes. Our other daughter chose the chicken wrap with side salad. She was unable to finish the salad.

All the portions were very generous and unfortunately, we had to leave food there (since we're on vacation). We would eat here again.

• Visited September 2013
5 Thank FarmRescueVolunteer
Jacksonville, Florida
“Best Breakfast Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

This place was so good I wish there was one where I live. I had an omlette with lobster, spinach and cheese with rye toast and ranch potatoes. The omlette was delicious, fairly large for an omlette, wasn't sure I could eat the whole thing but it was so good I did! The rye toast was also larger, thicker and softer than I am use too and very good. Wonder where they got it, I would like some more. The ranch potatoes were just a little dry but often times breakfast potatoes are. I also had a hot chocolate with whipped cream and mint on the top which added a nice flavor.

The waitress was very friendly and I noticed all staff there were very friendly. Would love to go back but only visiting for a week. If you're in Scarborough be sure to stop by for breakfast or lunch, I don't think they are open for dinner.

The place was very clean and had a large window in front. No spectacular views but it let in the natural light which is always nice. We were served quickly and the meal came quickly but we were there just in time. As we were eating the place got really busy.

• Visited September 2013
6 Thank AnnaItaly2014
Saint John, NB
“Family Breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Super place for breakfast.
We were able to use a large room which was great for 20 plus members