“Large Burgers, nice new restaurant.”

Red Robin Gourmet Burgers
Ranked #43 of 86 Restaurants in Scarborough
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Scarborough, Maine
“Large Burgers, nice new restaurant.”
Reviewed October 31, 2012 via mobile

If you're into large burgers, this a good choice. Good family place. Good burger but more than I want to eat (or pay for) at one meal.

Salisbury, North Carolina
“Consistently Great Burgers”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

My husband and I love burgers, but we only love them cooked well done. Not pink in the middle done, or lightly grey done, but thoroughly well done. Yes we know that this isn't the "proper" way to eat a burger, and boy do we ever have a hard time getting them cooked right. In fact, we had almost given up ordering them at chain restaurants.

We recently moved to Maine and had never eaten at a Red Robin, so we thought we would give it a go. Are we ever glad we did. They have gotten our order perfectly cooked every time. The burgers are delicious (we split one), cost around $9, and come with endless fries. The service is always very good as well.

• Visited October 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Great New place to eat”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

looks like all the other Red Robins. It had some local Maine flare to it. Great service, Great burgers

Visited June 2012
Wells
“Pricey, and not really an impressive burger.”
Reviewed May 30, 2012

I stopped by the newly opened Red Robin for a quick lunch yesterday. The facility certainly looked new and there was no wait for a table. I chose to sit at the bar, hoping to speed up the process of ordering and receiving my food. The waitress at the bar was very chatty and spent a lot of time interacting with two customers who appeared to be personal friends, this did slow down service, although it was acceptable. I ordered the "gourmet" cheese burger, the chain's original and claim- to-fame menu item. Like most chains today, my request for medium rare was received with the "medium-well to well done is the only was we can cook them" response (I still don't quite understand how a gourmet burger can be more that medium) so I asked for the least cooked option available. The burger and fries arrived quickly, condiments on the burger were fresh and the fries (bottomless) were nothing special. I do not find the burger to be at all gourmet, it was relatively tasteless with the exception of the pickles, onions and other toppings, the meat itself had no flavor all, not even any hint of broiled/flame grilled meat.

Overall, I would pass on this place in favor of the other non-national burger chain over on the other side of the mall on Westbrook Street where you can taste the meat, have it cooked your way and pay a couple of dollars less in the bargain. I won't be back to Red Robin.

• Visited May 2012