We, a family of five with three boys (ages 6, 8 and 1/2, and 12), have just returned from a 12-day stay at the Black Point Inn. All five of us had a fabulous time. The Black Point Inn has many, many attributes.
Foremost among them is its excellent management and efficient operation. John Maibach, the General Manager of the Black Point Inn, represents the best in hotel management, offering both genuine hospitality and a resort that runs flawlessly.
Mr. Maibach and the Black Point Inn have recruited a staff that is as pleasant as it is efficient. From reservations to the front desk and from the concierge to the elegant dining room, guests are greeted with a smile and served with expertise and enthusiasm. And to this guest's taste, the menu and servings were excellent, offering delectable Mained lobster and seafood as well as a variety of turf alternatives on a nightly basis. And the blueberry pie is just awesome.
The view and location of the Inn are fabulous. The Inn sits atop Black Point on Prouts Neck, offering stunning ocean views and a Cliff Walk that attracts artists and butterflies in equal numbers. Our boys swam in the ocean, built elaborate sand castles, played baseball and kickball endlessly on the Inn's fields, and rode the Inn's bicycles on nearby quiet roads (speed limit is 25 mph, and enforced!). We lunched poolside, ordering from a delightful casual menu, and enjoyed more formal dinners in the old tradition. At the Black Point Inn, evening dining is an event to be savored, not a task to be achieved on "short order."
The Black Point Inn is a special place, maintains and presents itself as a special place, offers a special resort experience, and delivers very special hospitality. Never stuffy, always friendly, smiling, and efficient. And special in a timeless way. Stay there and be glad you did!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1878 and surrounded by the Atlantic Ocean on three sides, with 18 holes of links golf, hiking and running trails (including an Oceanside Cliff Walk past the studio of renowned Prouts Neck painter Winslow Homer), literally miles of sandy beaches, tennis, a swimming pool and beach club, Black Point Inn is legendary for its location, guest facilities, and unpretentious downeast hospitality. Prepare to be captivated by the unhurried pace, gracious charm, and attentive service of Maine's most beautiful and historic oceanfront Inn and restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda and Travelocity so you can book your Black Point Inn Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Black Point Hotel Scarborough
- Black Point Scarborough
- Black Point Inn Resort Maine/Scarborough