“We were very surprised at how good this hotel was overall.”

Extended Stay America - Portland - Scarborough
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Scarborough
Lebanon, Connecticut
“We were very surprised at how good this hotel was overall.”
Reviewed April 8, 2014

The property seems newer. It is well maintained and clean. If you are looking for a luxury hotel this is not the place. If you are looking for a very comfortable clean room at a great rate, this is it. And to have a fridge, stove, microwave and utensils was a great bonus for us.

• Stayed April 2014
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Scarborough, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
The staff and I appreciate your kind remarks. We’re thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel and the service our staff provided. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to providing you with another comfortable stay in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Littleton, North Carolina
Reviewed November 12, 2013

I was here for my job and what a wonderful place, great people at front desk
Great hospitality home away from will defiantly stay at Extended Stay again on
Any of my travels thanks to the staff for a great stay

Room Tip: Laundry onsite clean laundry room
Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Scarborough, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay. It was so wonderful for me to read what you had to say about our staff and overall hospitality. We pride ourselves on providing a clean, comfortable "home away from home" for our guests and I am so happy to see that we were able to accomplish that for you.

We were delighted to have you stay with us and look forward to hosting you again in the future!
Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada
Reviewed November 5, 2013

We had a horrible experience our first stay, I filled out the survey that was sent to me and was compensated for a 2nd stay. We recently just stayed again and this time, our room was very clean and ready for us when we arrived. Staff was very accommodating. After our 1st experience, I would not of stayed again, but now I would stay at this hotel again. Thanks!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Wanda O
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Scarborough, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review of your most recent stay. While I am still very sorry that your first experience was below standard, I am delighted to see that you gave us a second chance to make you feel welcomed and comfortable at our property in Scarborough. I am especially happy to see that you enjoyed your second stay with us so much and we look forward to having you as our guest again in the future.
Fountain Hills, Arizona
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Staying at this hotel made our visit to Maine even better. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel is close to everything; beaches, mall, downtown Portland, but not on the highway so there is little if any traffic noise. The hotel is surrounded by trees and lawn and has nice walking areas to enjoy the beautiful summer days. The rooms are clean and comfortable for a long term stay, we were there for 2 months and would go back again. The "kitchen" area is small but does provide full size refrig, micro, and 2 burner top for cooking. The big wish was for an outside grill. They have washes & dryers so you don't have to go to the laundramat. Lots of parking spaces close to the exits/entrances.

Room Tip: Tell the staff what your needs are; they can help you choose what will work best for your stay.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Judy790
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Scarborough, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Judy - Thank you very much for your lovely review of our property. It gives me great pleasure to see how convenient, clean and comfortable you found our hotel. While I'm sorry we were unable to provide you with an out side grill at this time, I am so happy you enjoyed the kitchen in your room and that even your wonderful dog felt welcome. G

Thank you again for your feedback. We look forward to being able to host you again next year!
Garland
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I stayed at this hotel while moving my daughter to Portland. The hotels in the Downtown Portland area are so high priced that I could not afford them. This is a hotel just ten minutes away in a suburb that is beautiful. The staff went out of their way to help make my stay perfect even though I was really only there to sleep. The bed was comfortable, the room was clean and just updated.

Room Tip: My room was on the first floor and a corner room which added a little more space. I would stay ther...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Scarborough, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Donna - Thank you very much for taking the tine to write a review of your stay at our hotel. I was very happy to see that you found our location to be convenient and an affordable alternative to staying in downtown Portland. We pride ourselves on providing clean and comfortable rooms for our guests at a fair price! The corner rooms are some of my favorite rooms and I am glad that you were pleased with the extra room.

It was a pleasure to have you here and we truly hope that we the chance to host you again in the future!
Greenfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Comfortable, clean room. Nice space for people wishing to cook in their room to save some money instead of eating out. Good sized room. Not fancy but certainly fine. Close to shopping and restaurants.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Biblib3
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Scarborough, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Thank you for your feedback on your recent experience at our hotel. We pride ourselves on providing clean, comfortable rooms for our guests while they are away from home, so I am very pleased to see that we accomplished that for you! Please feel free to call us at the hotel directly if we can be of service to you again in the future.

Thank you again for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We look forward to having you stay with us once more.
Hebron,CT
Reviewed August 12, 2013

This hotel is designed for business travelers who stay a long time for business but this is a great place for a family who wants an affordable vacation in Maine near the beach. We have rented for years at the beach and it is pricey, but with the kitchen in the room, this was really affordable. Shaws is around the corner and there are loads of restaurants around as well as things to do outside the beach. We felt welcome and comfortable. This place is CLEAN! which is the most important thing to me (mom) and it has laundry room and the one bedroom suit was big enough for the 5 of us with kids ranging from 6 to 16. Read up on what the hotel offers - not a lot of amenities but for the price it is awesome.

Room Tip: The one bedroom suit, though only separated by a half wall, has plenty of room for a family of 5. I...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank CTplumrose
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Scarborough, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review of your recent stay here. We value your opinion so we can continue to improve the services we offer. I can not tell you how wonderful it was for me to read the comments you submitted. One of the greatest rewards of my job is receiving encouraging feedback such as yours.

Our staff at the Extended Stay America Portland - Scarborough takes pride in creating a memorable, exceptional “home away from home” for our guests. Hearing that we have accomplished that goal means that we have delivered you the value and experience you expect and deserve.

Please let me know if there is anything we can do for you in the future by calling us directly at the hotel anytime. Thank you again!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Scarborough
Homewood Suites by Hilton Portland
Ramada Plaza Portland
#12 of 19 in Portland
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,519 reviews
Americas Best Value Inn-Scarborough/Portland

Been to Extended Stay America - Portland - Scarborough? Share your experiences!