“Dogs are welcome here!”

Extended Stay America - Portland - Scarborough
Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Scarborough
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Staying at this hotel made our visit to Maine even better. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel is close to everything; beaches, mall, downtown Portland, but not on the highway so there is little if any traffic noise. The hotel is surrounded by trees and lawn and has nice walking areas to enjoy the beautiful summer days. The rooms are clean and comfortable for a long term stay, we were there for 2 months and would go back again. The "kitchen" area is small but does provide full size refrig, micro, and 2 burner top for cooking. The big wish was for an outside grill. They have washes & dryers so you don't have to go to the laundramat. Lots of parking spaces close to the exits/entrances.

Room Tip: Tell the staff what your needs are; they can help you choose what will work best for your stay.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Judy790
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Scarborough, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

Judy - Thank you very much for your lovely review of our property. It gives me great pleasure to see how convenient, clean and comfortable you found our hotel. While I'm sorry we were unable to provide you with an out side grill at this time, I am so happy you enjoyed the kitchen in your room and that even your wonderful dog felt welcome. G

Thank you again for your feedback. We look forward to being able to host you again next year!

Reviewed September 2, 2013

I stayed at this hotel while moving my daughter to Portland. The hotels in the Downtown Portland area are so high priced that I could not afford them. This is a hotel just ten minutes away in a suburb that is beautiful. The staff went out of their way to help make my stay perfect even though I was really only there to sleep. The bed was comfortable, the room was clean and just updated.

Room Tip: My room was on the first floor and a corner room which added a little more space. I would stay ther...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Scarborough, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Donna - Thank you very much for taking the tine to write a review of your stay at our hotel. I was very happy to see that you found our location to be convenient and an affordable alternative to staying in downtown Portland. We pride ourselves on providing clean and comfortable rooms for our guests at a fair price! The corner rooms are some of my favorite rooms and I am glad that you were pleased with the extra room.

It was a pleasure to have you here and we truly hope that we the chance to host you again in the future!

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Comfortable, clean room. Nice space for people wishing to cook in their room to save some money instead of eating out. Good sized room. Not fancy but certainly fine. Close to shopping and restaurants.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Biblib3
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Scarborough, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Thank you for your feedback on your recent experience at our hotel. We pride ourselves on providing clean, comfortable rooms for our guests while they are away from home, so I am very pleased to see that we accomplished that for you! Please feel free to call us at the hotel directly if we can be of service to you again in the future.

Thank you again for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We look forward to having you stay with us once more.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

This hotel is designed for business travelers who stay a long time for business but this is a great place for a family who wants an affordable vacation in Maine near the beach. We have rented for years at the beach and it is pricey, but with the kitchen in the room, this was really affordable. Shaws is around the corner and there are loads of restaurants around as well as things to do outside the beach. We felt welcome and comfortable. This place is CLEAN! which is the most important thing to me (mom) and it has laundry room and the one bedroom suit was big enough for the 5 of us with kids ranging from 6 to 16. Read up on what the hotel offers - not a lot of amenities but for the price it is awesome.

Room Tip: The one bedroom suit, though only separated by a half wall, has plenty of room for a family of 5. I...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank CTplumrose
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Scarborough, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review of your recent stay here. We value your opinion so we can continue to improve the services we offer. I can not tell you how wonderful it was for me to read the comments you submitted. One of the greatest rewards of my job is receiving encouraging feedback such as yours.

Our staff at the Extended Stay America Portland - Scarborough takes pride in creating a memorable, exceptional “home away from home” for our guests. Hearing that we have accomplished that goal means that we have delivered you the value and experience you expect and deserve.

Please let me know if there is anything we can do for you in the future by calling us directly at the hotel anytime. Thank you again!

Reviewed August 7, 2013

We were very uncomfortable in this hotel. It was not clean. The sink was cracked. There was mold on the shower curtain. The Formica was broken off of the dresser and the kitchen countertop. The bathrom smelled like smoke. The coffee pot had water in it from the previous occupant. I did not feel safe in the first floor room with my family. I asked for another room and they said the only other room had a broken bed. The outside was nice but the inside was like a rundown apartment building.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank KJ D
Reviewed August 6, 2013

The staff at this Extended Stay is above and beyond. As a consultant, I stay approximately three weeks out of each month. I am greeted with smiles, welcomes, and just what I need to stay at my home away from home. Every consideration is given to my every need. Thank you, staff!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Scarborough, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Lew,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of our property. It gave my great pleasure to read your comments and it is guests like you that make our jobs so amazing. Please always feel free to reach out to me at the hotel if there is anything we can do to make your experience even better. Thank you again!

Reviewed August 4, 2013

It was getting late. I had to find a room. Bust weekend. I found this hotel on Hotwire. I searched in the dark for this off-the beaten-path hotel. I found out when I arrived that Hotwire booked me into a "smoking" room, as this was all that was available. The room stunk of cigarette smoke. It is hard to believe people still smoke and harder to believe hotels still have smoking rooms. The room would have been decent if not for the stench. The main reason I'm writing this review is to praise the general manager, Aja, who happened to serve me that night. She would have been fine with me cancelling the room. She is a genuine, caring, friendly, professional, woman, who in spite of the smoking room and the bland hotel, deserves a lot of credit. She should move to Boston and run an upscale hotel. In the meantime, Aja, make your hotel smoke-free.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Scarborough, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your recent experience at our hotel. First, I would like to apologize for only having smoking rooms left by the time you booked your reservation this weekend, but your understanding and flexibility under the circumstances was wonderful. Thank you for that!

One of the most rewarding aspects of my job is reading feedback like yours about the quality of service at our property. Your kind words are very much appreciated and guests like you are a big part of the reason we can honestly say that we love our jobs. I hope that we are able to host you again on your way through sometime in a non smoking room. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us directly at the hotel for any future needs!