Extended Stay America - Portland - Scarborough
Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Scarborough
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We had a good stay at this hotel.

Pros- clean, spacious, friendly staff, close to tourist attractions

Cons- Being an extended stay hotel, it does not have any of the amenities other nightly hotels have - pools, complimentary breakfast, toiletries.

We enjoyed our one night stay however, and would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Scarborough, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

Thank you for writing a review of your recent stay with us. I am very pleased to see that you found the staff to be welcoming and the property to be clean as well as conveniently located. While we do not offer a pool, we do have a complimentary grab-and-go breakfast every morning as well as toiletries being available upon request at the front desk. This should have been better explained to you at check-in and we will be using your feedback to coach our front desk staff to communicate this message more clearly in the future.

Again, thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay and I hope we have another chance to host you in the future!

Reviewed July 4, 2013

Well first of all, where do I start? I'll say that the rooms were nice, clean for the most part as were the facilities - as that was the only good part of my stay. This is by far the worst service I have encountered in my travels and I am not the youngest person. The service at the front desk was horrendous; to be frank, how are you folks still in business? I had some questions about the area and about some items in the room so I approached the service desk. The person was completely clueless and aside from that, they expressed no desire to help me or guide me in the right direction. I was informed there was absolutely no manager around and worse, the managers were not able to be contacted. It's not like I was up asking at some ungodly hour either, just after dinner actually. So I was beside myself when I had to venture out somewhere I had never been and figure it out. So never ever will I return to this location or even this corporation. As a customer, I am beside myself over the whole experience. In my opinion, managers should always at least be reachable by phone and customer service representatives should have some slight experience in the field. I can't say that this was money well spent either.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Wtraveler5

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us. I am very disheartened that you had such an unpleasant experience at our hotel. The staff and I are constantly striving to provide a clean, comfortable "home away from home" for our guests to enjoy. I apologize for not accomplishing that for you and want you to know that we are looking into the issues you have mentioned in your review taking action as needed.

I hope that we are able to host you again in the future and provide you with the kind of experience we strive to provide all of our guests. Please feel free to call the hotel directly anytime if you have any other comments or concerns that we can address about this stay or any future stays.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

The hotel was newly renovated and the staff was friendly. Not a lot of extras at the hotel but we were here to shop and sleep :-) I liked the kitchenette for cutting the costs for some meals. Full size fridge, two burners, pots and pans, toaster, mini coffee maker.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Scarborough, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Brian - Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. The staff and I strive to ensure all of our guests are 100% satisfied when staying at our hotel. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the kitchenette that we offer in all of our guest rooms.

The staff and I truly enjoyed having you stay with us. We hope to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed April 30, 2013

The people at the Extended Stay America in Scarborough, ME were wonderful and extremely helpful. They made us feel like we were part of and "extended" family (a home away from home). my mom was ill and ended up passing away and they were very caring and helpful. Very nice rooms and services. Our stay was 10 days, which was hard to be away from my children, but with the free internet I was able to Skype with them every night. Thank you Extended Stay America for a great experience in the middle of a bad situation.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Scarborough, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2013

Hazel - Thank you so much for the amazing review of your recent stay. I couldn't be happier to hear that we were able to make you feel so welcomed during your time here, especially under the circumstances. It was our pleasure to host you during your time in Scarborough, Maine.

Thank you again for taking time out to write this review and please do not hesitate to call if there is ever anything we can do for you in the future.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

I had reservations scheduled for the weekend of April 19-21 at Extended Stays Scarborough. On April 19th, Boston was in lockdown due to the police activy looking for the second bombing suspect. We left the City earlier than planned due to this event and arrived at Extended Stays before the check in time. When I explained to the girl at the front desk why we were early and that I was traveling with my 82yr old mom, she immediatly went into action to ensure our room was ready so we could get in and unwind and relax after all the stress. She personally went up to the room and did some finishing touch ups. She then made sure my mom and my husband and I had everything we needed and were comfortable in our room. This meant so much to us as we had been so frazzled by all that was going on in Boston that day and during the week. The whole weekend was wonderful, this location is perfect for getting around town. The hotel staff during our entire stay were wonderful, friendly and compassionate and ensured our needs were met. I will definitely go back to this hotel and would recommend it.

Room Tip: We got a mini suite which had a king bed and pull out couch. It has the mini kitchen which was great...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels and for taking the time to provide feedback about your stay. It was heartwarming for me to read how sensitive our team was to you and your family. We always do our best to make our guests feel at home in their travels, so I am particularly proud to hear that we were able to make your stay a great one.

Your words were very kind and we hope to have you as our guests some time in the future.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Stayed for two months. Staff is very friendly and professional. Rooms are clean and well equipped. The mattress was excellent, bed had many pillows, such a luxury. WiFi was free, unless you needed a faster connection, which is only a dollar a day. There is complimentary coffee and a continental breakfast daily until 9:30A. Convenient location to grocery stores. If you travel with you pet, they will accommodate them also. Good experience.

Room Tip: Second floor-for privacy from window curtains being left open for light and air. Ground floor-outdoo...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Johnda - Thank you for the wonderful review you wrote about your recent stay at our property. We are constantly striving to provide great rooms at great rates, which give our guests a "home away from home" experience. I am happy to hear that we have done that for you.

I hope that we are able to host you again in the very near future and thank you again for all of your kind words!

Reviewed April 20, 2013

While visiting a dear friend in Portland last night, I chose to try out the Extended Stay America in nearby Scarborough. I was not disappointed. My room was very clean and the staff was friendly.
Although it is located right next to the Maine Turnpike (I-95), I never heard any noise from my room. Each room offers a coffee maker, full fridge, stove, dishes and utensils although I did not use them. Across the the front desk, a small continental-breakfast bar is opened each morning.
The price of my night's stay was quite reasonable, too. One suggestion: A pad of note paper and a pen in each room would be a nice idea.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us. I am so pleased to hear that your room was clean and the staff was friendly. The staff and I truly enjoy providing a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests. It is rewarding to know that we were able to provide this for you.

We appreciate you sharing your experience and look forward to hosting you again in the future!