Extended Stay America - Portland - Scarborough
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Scarborough
Littleton, NH
“JJ”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

I have been working in South Portland, Maine since August and have stayed at the Extended Stay in Scarborough since September. The rooms have always been clean, the beds are comfortable, and the staff is very helpfull and pleasant. The few problems I have had were addressed and taken care of imediately, usually this involved missing eating/cooking utencils. Having stove top, microwave, coffee maker, toaster and refridgerator have helped me save money. I'd rather cook my own meals. I highly recomend this facility.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Lee225, Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Scarborough, responded to this review, December 29, 2012
Thank you so very much for your review of our property. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority.

Please know that we are always thrilled to have you as our guest and truly appreciate all of your kind words. We look forward to hosting you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Lancaster, New Hampshire, United States
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Extended Stay is like a home away from home. Staff is incredibly friendly and caring they go out of their way to make your stay enjoyable. Rooms are clean and comfortable. Convenient location. Loved having stove top and microwave to be able to cook my own meals instead of eating out all the time

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Lee225, Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Scarborough, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
Thank you very much for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Extended Stay America, Portland, Scarborough. Our TEAM is thrilled that you have enjoyed your stay after is very appreciative of your comments. We intend to continue to provide exemplary service to our guests and hope that you will tell all of your friends about our hotels across the nation. Enjoy your holidays!
Scarborough, Maine
Reviewed December 8, 2012

Dear Friend,

During my stay here in your facilities, (first time six months 2010 and now so far 1½ and maybe up to a year) I have been treated with courtesy and respect. The housekeeping employees have been very resourceful, my room is always clean. Aja Oniel (manager), Heather Bowen (assistant Manager), Glen Shaw and Nicole Smith (GSR) also Stephan Vaugham and Mez Workneh (NGSR). All personnel are always willing to be of help providing me whatever I need. They always receive with a smile, making me feel welcome at all times.

Thanks

Ångel L. Castro

Room Tip: Rooms are clean and A/C unit work good. We need a small Fitness center.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Angel C
Lee225, Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Scarborough, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel and for taking the time to provide feedback about your stay. One of the greatest rewards of my job is receiving encouraging feedback such as yours. Our staff takes pride in creating a memorable, exceptional “home away from home” for our guests. Hearing that we have accomplished that goal means that we have delivered you the value and experience you expect and that means the world to us.

New York City, New York
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I stayed here actually for just 1 quick night, one of the more reasonably priced places in the area and they were taking reservations for not just an 'extended stay'. Easy to check in and check out, spacious and decent kitchen area. Recommend if you want to be close to the airport and not spend a ton.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Capo44
Lee225, Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Scarborough, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Thank you so very much for your nice review of our property. Whenever I read comments like yours, it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We were among the first in the industry to identify a need for a fully functional hotel suite, complete with range top and full refrigerator. We know that this offering is compelling because of the continued compliments we receive from guests like you.

Halifax, Canada
Reviewed October 9, 2012

My sisters and I were in Portland in October 2012 for a shopping trip and stayed at this hotel. The rooms were very basic and no frills (i.e. the hotel does not have daily housekeeping service and the rooms are fairly plain) but they are clean, comfortable and very quiet. The staff was friendly and helpful. Our room had a fully equipped kitchenette which was convenient. The hotel is in a great location near the Maine Mall and many other stores. I gave it a 4 out of 5 for meeting our needs for this trip.

Room Tip: Book well in advance if possible to get the best rates.This is not a fancy hotel but good value for...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way," and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed October 7, 2012

We stayed at this property last month when for some reason the hotels we normally stay at were all sold out. As we needed a room for 1 night we figure, we try the Extended Stay and it would be a bonus with a fully stocked kitchen.

First thing about this property is that it smells of dog especially in the lobby and even in our room I can smell.

Other than the smell of dogs, the room was spacious and well worth the price.

This property is hard to find especially off the turnpike. The turnpike exit isn't clearly labeled.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
I recently received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to respond. We take great pride in offering a clean, comfortable room at an affordable price, so I was happy to read your comments about your accommodations. However, I was disappointed to read the rest of your remarks. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

I do appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns you mentioned about the pet smell in our lobby and your room. Please know that we have strict quality control standards that are meant to prevent a situation like yours from occurring. In response to your comments, I have met with hotel management and staff to find out how such an experience occurred and to determine a system for preventing a repeat occurrence.

Scarborough, Maine
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I have been a guest at this hotel since June 7, 2012 and my experience has been a terrific one. Whether it be something I need from the Housekeeping Staff or something from the front desk they are always courteous and professional. When I learned Aja was only in her position for a couple weeks I was astonished. She seemed to me to be someone who had been with the Hotel like several years anyway. Always, a smile and wanting to help the guest to be comfortable. She now has become the Mgr. and I am sure this Hotel will flourish in many ways. Glen who works the 3-11 shift is so great too. He has always been helpful and friendly and wow can he multi-task. Aja too. I have been witness to this many times. Heather, I understand is the Asst. Mgr. now and what a good choice. I met her when she was in housekeeping and she really stood out to me with her wanting to do a good job. Yet, all the housekeeping staff I dealt were good. I have family who vacation in ME and will definitely tell them about ESA. Geralyn

Room Tip: I enjoy the backside of the hotel because there are the trees and plants to enjoy. The grounds are k...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Scarborough, responded to this review, October 1, 2012

Thank you again for your positive comments. It was a great pleasure for me to read them and I have shared them with our entire team. We look forward to hosting you once again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Scarborough
Homewood Suites by Hilton Portland
Hampton Inn Portland Airport
Hampton Inn Portland Airport
#1 of 13 in South Portland
Americas Best Value Inn-Scarborough/Portland

Been to Extended Stay America - Portland - Scarborough? Share your experiences!