“Delicious with a kick of spice!!”

Famous Dave's Barbeque
Ranked #7 of 90 Restaurants in Scarborough
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

First let me say this: I am not one for "spicy" food.
Famous Dave's has mastered "a kick of spice" that suits any taste buds! Normally with even "mild" spice I am downing water faster than Niagara flows. The good was delicious overall! We indulged on the $60 (or so) platter between two of us. We had so much left that we were able to feast two more times with others! The platter is the way to go if there are 2+ in your party, it's filling and less comes out of the wallet.
We will definitely visit again and again!

Reviewed March 7, 2013

Visited Famous Dave's while on vacation earlier this week with my girlfriend. After a long day of shopping, we were famished! The pork bbq burger and chicken salad were amazing!! Some of the best bbq I've had in a long time. But the best part was out waiter "Famous Darryl" lol. He was great! Always made sure we were taken care of and made great suggestions on menu items :)

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stop here with the wife while driving home through maine. Wife had been here before and recommended it. Location is great as was the staff. We ordered the feast for 2 and we didnt come close to finishing it which is very rare for this big eater. Food was delicious and like i said portions were huge. Will definetly return again while passing through.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

I will start off this review and say that the only negative part of our experience at Famous Daves was the fact that there was no one at the hostess station. We waited a few minutes before anyone even noticed that we were there. Which is the reason for the Very Good rating instead of Excellent.

Rachel was the one who came to seat us, and was also our server. She was very knowledgeable when we asked her questions about the menu, sauces etc. She even brought to our table some of their homeade chips and went through each sauce for us to try. Chips were a big hit with both of us, and it was nice to be able to try the sauces before our meal arrived.

We both ordered drinks, and they were delivered very quickly.

My husband and I decided on the feast for two, with it being our first time there was a lot of different foods to try. We found out that it was discounted on Tuesday's so that was even better.

We didn't have to wait long for our meal either. It was delivered to our table on the top of a trash can cover, very unique. There was so much food, that I am sure it could have fed 3 people with no problem at all. Everything was really good. I will say that the beans were the only food that was just "ok". Being from New England we are just used to the sweet molasses beans that are a tradition from here.

Overall we were pleased with our experience, and glad that we chose Famous Daves for dinner.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

This was my first experience at Dave's! The food was great. Tasted very fresh and had great flavor. I had the pulled chicken sandwich Memphis style :). Lisa was our bartender and server. She was very knowledgeable and great to chat with. It's very refreshing to go to a "chain" restaurant and have a great time as well as enjoy the food. Looking forward to the next visit! I am telling everyone to check it out.