“Fantastic Thai Food”

Ranked #12 of 87 Restaurants in Scarborough
Cuisines: Thai
“Fantastic Thai Food”
Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

This restaurant is next to Cabela's and it exceeded my expectations. Everything was made fresh to order and the vegetables were very good. I ordered Pad Thai as a safe dish and it was one of the best Pad Thai dishes I have had, anywhere. I would definitely return in the future.

1 Thank Mike_NH1

“Excellent!”
Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

The food was made fresh to order. They don't use MSG. Everything was very tasty. The kids ate tempura chicken which was very lite and delicious, teriyaki chicken full of vegetables in a delightful sauce, and wanton soup which had a great flavor. My husband and I had drunken noodles and pad Thai. We are from NH and would drive over two hours to eat here again.

1 Thank Rik1979
Brunswick
“One of the best!”
Reviewed July 4, 2014

This is absolutely one of the best thai restaurant in Maine. Food are fresh and authentic, doesn't disappoint every time I try a new dish

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank armidamaldita
Portland, Maine
“Expected better”
Reviewed July 4, 2014

I have heard nothing but good things about this place. I'm not sure if it was an off-day or what, but I wish that had a better experience on my wife's and my July 3 lunchtime visit.

Service is fast and staff is friendly. We were greeted warmly and seated right away. We ordered tempura vegetables, chicken pad thai, and chicken drunken noodles.

Tempura veggies were very thick cuts, which meant they were raw and difficult to eat. Tempura batter was under seasoned. The chicken in both meals was overcooked/bone dry. Drunken noodles dish was good but noodles were undercooked and chewy. The pad thai was under seasoned. Given the reputation of the restaurant I was expecting better. There is better Thai food in the area than what I experienced. Bua Thai in Old Orchard Beach stands out as one.

The biggest turn off, though, was a foul-mouthed customer sitting at the counter. Multiple F-bombs and other swearing loud enough to carry through the restaurant, including tables with small children. The next time my waitress came to the table, I mentioned it to her. Her response: "I know. He's had a couple of glasses of wine." i had to remind her that there are children in the restaurant. She said she'd speak with him. When she returned with the check she said, "We're going to talk to him when he's leaving." It appears that management would rather address problems after the fact instead of when the situation is occurring and actually affecting the dining experience for other guests.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank cascade0811
Portland, Maine
“Lunch Date”
Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

What a GREAT place for lunch- after dragging my husband to the Mall, we were both really hungry. Quick check on Tripadvisor sent us to Thai 9.

Lunch portions were generously portioned. The food we ordered came quickly and was as delicious and fresh as could be.

Very clean, pleasant atmosphere and very reasonably priced.

Now, we can enjoy a relaxing walk around Cabela's!!

Thai 9 is a definite destination!! We'll certainly be back!