“Above and Beyond”

Residence Inn Portland Scarborough
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Scarborough
Reviewed February 9, 2013

My wife and I hunkered down here to ride out Winter Storm Nemo. The staff were exceptionally kind and attentive to guests, and many of them were working around the clock. Even though the hotel does not normally do evening receptions on weekends, since everyone was snowbound, they served hamburgs and hot dogs Saturday night.

Way to go Residence Inn Scarborough - You guys rock!!!

Room Tip: The only possible bad rooms are the ones on the Turnpike side of the hotel, but even then, you could...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Fish4Stripers

Reviewed February 7, 2013

I have stayed in many different hotels and have learned over time that how many stars a hotel boasts really doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things. I found myself with a reservation at the Residence Inn by chance when I named my own price on Priceline. It's always nice when you take a gamble without much weighing on it - I just needed a place to stay for the night in the Scarborough/South Portland area. I wish I could have stayed much longer as this was by far the nicest place I have ever found myself and this is coming from someone who has paid over $300 for one night at a 5 star resort - the rate here is normally $189/night and would be well worth it at that price but I landed it for only $59 and found it resembled an upscale NYC condo. The staff was wonderful and I never had to wait more than 10 minutes for a request to be fulfilled even when I specified "no rush". I am honestly surprised to see this hotel has 4 stars - it's that good, how anyone is rating it shy of 5 stars is beyond me :)

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 15, 2013

My trip was based on meeting an old friend and spending time just talking all night in our rooms. Our rooms were right next to each other and we could not have been happier with the accommodations. The first thing I do when I enter any new hotel room is take a sniff, check the sheets for freshness, check all surfaces to make sure they're clean and this place was sparkling clean. The mini kitchen was a great addition, too. It looked as though the rooms had been renovated recently(?). The breakfast was fine and had a little bit of everything no matter your diet. Sure the place is on the highway, but it didn't bother us at all and the hotel was, in general, quiet.

Room Tip: I guess you might ask for a more recently renovated room as from some of the reviews it looks like i...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 9, 2013

We stayed at this hotel over a recent holiday weekend in a one bedroom suite. Since my spouse is a rewards member, we asked for an upgrade to a 2 bedroom suite, which they declined to do, but the clerk was nice about it and explained the reason, which I appreciated. The common areas of the hotel were clean and well kept. There is a pool and hot tub. Our room was spotlessly clean and it was really nice to have the kitchenette, which we used to keep and reheat restaurant leftovers. Sofa bed was adequately comfortable. Free breakfast in the morning was surprisingly good and varied over the two mornings we were there. Scrambled eggs, sausage, breakfast sandwiches, MYO waffles, muffins, yogurt parfaits, melon chunks, etc. The only disappointment was that housekeeping failed to clean our room during our stay. We left around 10:30 in the a.m and did not return until 10 pm at night, when we walked into the room which was exactly as we'd left it. we had taken the Do Not Disturb sign off the door as required, but housekeeping never came. We called the front desk, but nothing could be done at that hour, of course, and we were due to check out the next day anyway. It is not as though we left the room dirty, but having housekeeping make beds and vacuum is one of my great pleasures in staying in a hotel, since it is the one day that I get a break from doing these things myself! So, it was a disappointment. Otherwise, the hotel is easy to find off the highway, on a main road with lots of retail, and an easy 10 minute drive to Portland.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not face the highway, as it is quieter.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Maged M, General Manager at Residence Inn Portland Scarborough, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

Dear Bookat,

Thank you for taking the time to write a critique about our hotel. We certainly appreciate your comments and value your repeat business and being a marriott reward memeber.

I am sorry to hear that Housekeeping has missed your room durring your stay. I assure that this is an isolated incident and have spoken to our staff about it. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at 207-883-0400 Ext. 7618.

Again, I thank you for your comments and I look forward to welcoming you back to our area

Maged Mosaad
General Manager.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

We stay here several times a year, and choose this place for their awesome suites, and yummy full breakfast! They put cookies out in the evening and have warm beverages all day long. You can print from their computer. Long pool hours and a big deep hot tub! It's quick to the interstate and close to local shopping. Rooms were nice and clean and beds are comfortable. We love it!

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank stocknsave
Reviewed November 12, 2012

This Residence Inn has the most helpful Front Desk members.I had the opportunity to visit this hotel on a family foliage trip in Sept. We enjoyed our stay so much...we stayed again on the way back through Portland. The manager even remembered me when I came to check in a week later. Informative staff and great hotel = Perfection.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank LRead44
Reviewed November 6, 2012

This was a last minute booking because we had to go to Portland for a baby's birth! After a quick check on Trip Advisor, I called to see what was available. A very nice desk manager (Dennis) told me what was available and offered a very good rate. Dennis was also very helpful later with directions and advice for getting around. We couldn't have been more pleased. Breakfasts were plentiful with many options. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: Beware the noise from the highway traffic on the back side of the facility. I can get quite noisy...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank PSR0304
Also consider these accommodations in or near Scarborough
Homewood Suites by Hilton Portland
Fairfield Inn Portland Maine Mall
Candlewood Suites Portland - Scarborough
Extended Stay America - Portland - Scarborough
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#11 of 13 in Scarborough
Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Maine

Been to Residence Inn Portland Scarborough? Share your experiences!