We stayed at this hotel over a recent holiday weekend in a one bedroom suite. Since my spouse is a rewards member, we asked for an upgrade to a 2 bedroom suite, which they declined to do, but the clerk was nice about it and explained the reason, which I appreciated. The common areas of the hotel were clean and well kept. There is a pool and hot tub. Our room was spotlessly clean and it was really nice to have the kitchenette, which we used to keep and reheat restaurant leftovers. Sofa bed was adequately comfortable. Free breakfast in the morning was surprisingly good and varied over the two mornings we were there. Scrambled eggs, sausage, breakfast sandwiches, MYO waffles, muffins, yogurt parfaits, melon chunks, etc. The only disappointment was that housekeeping failed to clean our room during our stay. We left around 10:30 in the a.m and did not return until 10 pm at night, when we walked into the room which was exactly as we'd left it. we had taken the Do Not Disturb sign off the door as required, but housekeeping never came. We called the front desk, but nothing could be done at that hour, of course, and we were due to check out the next day anyway. It is not as though we left the room dirty, but having housekeeping make beds and vacuum is one of my great pleasures in staying in a hotel, since it is the one day that I get a break from doing these things myself! So, it was a disappointment. Otherwise, the hotel is easy to find off the highway, on a main road with lots of retail, and an easy 10 minute drive to Portland.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Residence Inn by Marriott Portland/Scarborough hotel is the perfect place to lay your head when visiting the greater Portland Maine area. Our suites are designed to keep you comfortable and connected to all of the fun things to do in Portland, Maine. Whether you are here for business or pleasure or a fine mix of both, we can help you go exploring. Our luxury apartment hotel is conveniently located near Maine’s scenic beaches, breathtaking state parks, historic lighthouses, or destination shopping areas including World Famous Outfitter Cabela’s or Maine’s own L.L. Bean. For a truly unique experience, enjoy harness racing at Scarborough Downs or auto racing at Beechridge Motor Speedway. Our Portland/Scarborough hotel is just minutes away from Portland’s downtown district and historic old port area. Whether you are looking for a uniquely Maine dining experience or a national chain restaurant, there is something nearby to satisfy even the most selective palate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Marriott, Expedia, Priceline, Cancelon, Orbitz and Hotwire so you can book your Residence Inn Portland Scarborough reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Portland Scarborough Hotel Scarborough
- Residence Inn Scarborough
- Scarborough Residence Inn
- Residence Inn Portland Scarborough Maine