We arrived late at night after being on the road for about 14 hours and were ready for sleep. We chose a third floor room so we'd be out of the way of hall traffic, but we were so tired, I don't think we would have noticed. We stayed two nights. Our room was clean, comfortable, and provided ample space for two people. We didn't spend enough time in the room to use any appliances other than the refrigerator. My husband had planned to swim some laps in the pool and use the hot tub, but our schedule didn't allow for it.
I'm usually very sensitive to cleaning product or other chemically smells and I didn't notice anything here. I was very comfortable. The shower pressure was good (no trickling shower that seems to take forever to rinse the shampoo out of your hair; it also felt very good on my back after many hours in the car).
The heat worked fine and I didn't notice any noise or anything. Our room was on the side facing the highway and while we could hear the sound of the traffic going by, I didn't find it disrupting. Then again, did I mention we had been on the road for 14 hours? I even slept well on the second night of our stay when I was not so exhausted.
The complimentary breakfast had the same things that are offered at other places. It's always nice to see it offered, but I don't normally expect to have free breakfast at what is normally considered a long-term stay property, especially hot offerings like scrambled eggs and sausage.
We would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Residence Inn by Marriott Portland/Scarborough hotel is the perfect place to lay your head when visiting the greater Portland Maine area. Our suites are designed to keep you comfortable and connected to all of the fun things to do in Portland, Maine. Whether you are here for business or pleasure or a fine mix of both, we can help you go exploring. Our luxury apartment hotel is conveniently located near Maine’s scenic beaches, breathtaking state parks, historic lighthouses, or destination shopping areas including World Famous Outfitter Cabela’s or Maine’s own L.L. Bean. For a truly unique experience, enjoy harness racing at Scarborough Downs or auto racing at Beechridge Motor Speedway. Our Portland/Scarborough hotel is just minutes away from Portland’s downtown district and historic old port area. Whether you are looking for a uniquely Maine dining experience or a national chain restaurant, there is something nearby to satisfy even the most selective palate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Residence Inn Portland Scarborough reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Portland Scarborough Hotel Scarborough
- Residence Inn Scarborough
- Scarborough Residence Inn
- Residence Inn Portland Scarborough Maine