“Great value”

Residence Inn Portland Scarborough
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Scarborough
Reviewed June 12, 2011

Picked a "Marriot" so felt safe; usually stay at a Hilton. We were pleasantly surprised that the room was clean, roomy and well appointed. The bed was comfortable, a TV in bedroom as well as living area. The pool area was clean and large, although the hot tub was way too hot.
The staff was very pleasant and often asked if we had everything we needed. Breakfast buffet was the usual "OK", better than continental. The price was much less than other hotels in the area and of good value.We will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Third floor was quiet
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 7, 2011

I went with my ill child and everyone at the hotel were very kind. The hotel staff were helpful and did not look at my bald daughter funny. Oh and don't be fool, Portland Pie company does not really sell pies. They sell pizza.
The only problem I had was that the bed sheet did not fit the bed and kept coming off when we slept.

Room Tip: Talk to the front desk directly
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 31, 2011

This place was VERY clean. We got a two bed room suite because we brought my mom with us. It was perfect and only 170 bucks. Super clean (bright white clean sheet on top and bottom of comforter), free coffee and cold cereal in the morning. Can't beat it. Downtown portland is only ten min away. Can't say enough nice things about this place.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed April 11, 2011

We spent a weekend here to attend a social event. The Hotel was under renovations, (the third floor) but luckily for us, they did not work on the weekends. Looks like our room had a recent partial makeover. The interior doors and windows looked new, but the interior doors did not close well, not a big deal but I question the quality of the workmanship. Our room bordered the laundry room, so we were woken at 6:15 AM when someone decided to do their wash early. Was able to hear and feel all the cycles as our headboard and the washer shared the same wall. I was a little puzzled they would put us in that room, as the hotel seemed empty that weekend and we could have been given a better room. All in all, the hotel is clean, the staff friendly. They offer a free breakfast buffet with the typical hot and cold menu. The indoor swimming pool was closed as it was under renovations as well.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 15, 2010

We had requested a room on the non-I95 side however this request was ignored, possibly because it was a Marriott points room?? We were on the second floor which is basically at the same level as I95 so it felt like you were actually on the road. In addition the ceiling insulation was non-existent so we heard EVERYTHING the people upstairs did - walking, washing, flushing, etc.
The room itself was dirty (food from previous guests on the floor and down the kitchen door fronts) and stained, especially the bedding, whilst the furniture was out of the ark - think hotels circa 1970. We slept in our clothes on towels as the beds / pillows were very smelly.
The breakfast selection was good, however the breakfast room was small for the hotel size and the staff were very sullen.
I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
6  Thank 4states
Reviewed November 4, 2010

I mostly traveled to Scarborough area for my business and this time I tried to look something reasonable and I found this place. It is great place to stay for its convenient
location. I was amazed to see how quite it was and cleanness of staff.
Front desk was very helpful and internet works well. I will definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 14, 2010

My husband and I spent the first night away from our new baby at the Marriot and we had such a great experiance. We were upgraded to a suite at no extra charge. we also had a lovely breakfast. The only thing I thought was strange was there didn't seem to be a hair dryer in the room. I'm sure if I had called the front desk for one they could have brought one up.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Scarborough
Homewood Suites by Hilton Portland
Extended Stay America - Portland - Scarborough
Courtyard Portland Airport
Courtyard Portland Airport
#4 of 13 in South Portland

Been to Residence Inn Portland Scarborough? Share your experiences!