“Great camping resort”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Scarborough
Bayley's Camping Resort
“Great camping resort”
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Bayley's is a great campground. It is very big and there is many things to do. Scarborough is great town and the beaches are nice. The trolleys go to Pine Point and Old Orchard beach. The pool is very nice and there is lots of family friendly activities. The restaurant is also very good. The food was very delicious. The camping spots are good, and it was spacious, well, where we were. We were close to a fishing pond. We also went kayaking in the salt marsh. That was very fun. There are lots of reviews saying how the staff and owner is mean, and how the staff will put your fire out with a bucket of water. Those reviews are ridiculous. Every staff member we talked to is nice and friendly. The people who got yelled at were probably making lots of noise. We were respectful to the other campers, and we had a wonderful time. We will be going back.

Room Tip: The back camp sites near the pond seems to be bigger then the ones near the pool areas.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Mattburch

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Hudson, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Alot of activities and entertainment for kids, three pools, two stores, courteous and professional staff...especially at registrations. Plenty of sites to choose from....the place is huge!! Plenty of shaded lots.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

I have stayed at this resort many years and always loved it. I don't mind going a little out of my way, being from mass. To stay some place nice. The past few years however I have been reconsidering. Many of the new rules put in place seem arbitrary and almost un-sensible. I cant bring my dog anymore because the only place she is actually allowed to be is my Site! The staff has also progressively grown more rude to myself and other campers. I do not plan to stay here any longer.

• Stayed July 2012
7 Thank cair0776
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 21, 2012

I was a little worried when I made my reservations & read the reviews about some of the areas being to packed in. I called back & asked & was told the area where I was booked was one of the most requested areas. Not sure about that but I was VERY pleased where they placed us. Our site was C14 & our friends were at C15. I would pick any site on the right side of the C lane. It was wooded with just the right amount of sun/shade & privacy. The sites were large enough for our family & group campfires at night. The bathroom/showers were clean & well maintained. The roads were gravel & easy to ride your bike on.

Loved the shuttle bus option to take you to the beaches. We used it to go to Old Orchard Beach. We enjoyed the cafe where we ate lobster dinner one of the nights of our stay. They offered great specials. There was a bar poolside that offered multiple beer choices. The pools were nice & there were activities scheduled for the kids on a daily basis. Great place to stay. The staff was very friendly & great to deal with.

Room Tip: C lane was a good choice. I would pick any site on the right side of the lane.
5 Thank annod220
Dartmouth, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed July 10, 2012

If we were younger & could back pack our way to the beach via the shuttle--- If the streets were all paved for easy bicycle riding, this out of shape Nana would not have been happier !
The camp ground was PERFECT, CLEAN, PET & FAMILY FRIENDLY !!!
We will definately make a return visit -- with our car in tow--- and motorhome filled with family & 4 leg-ged's ! :)

2 Thank Linda G
Attleboro, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 8, 2012

We have been going to Bayleys for the last three years. The first time we went our camp site was a little small but it was okay. There was so much to do there and the staff was great that it totally made up for it. Now when we go there we stay in the DR section (deer run).It is very grassy and the sites are roomy enough for the pop up and a tent and parking. The shuttle bus is very handy too. We love it there

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank Tina G
Lebanon, NH
Reviewed October 8, 2011

Beautiful rental trailers, very clean & well maintained. Love the activities they had to offer the kids, we avoided the ones that cost money. Lots to do, our kids were always busy, never board! My biggest complaint delema is that they have a staff member, young kid watching the swim area. He made us feel very uncomfortable. my husband & I were relaxing in the hot tub while our kids swam, ages 11 & 14. After what seemed like a few minutes he told us we had to get out, I guess there is a time limit? There are 4 hot tubs & there were only 2 other families at the pool area. After this incident & others! My husband & I chose not to go swimming the rest of the vacation, we did not feel comfortable knowing he was watching me.

Room Tip: My tip is for the resort.. No need to have a monitor at the pool. Kids should not be allowed to swim...
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank kahjam
Also consider these accommodations in or near Scarborough
Americas Best Value Inn-Scarborough/Portland
#3 of 13 in Scarborough
Best Western Merry Manor Inn
Best Western Merry Manor Inn
#2 of 13 in South Portland

Been to Bayley's Camping Resort? Share your experiences!