The GF and I stopped here with the little man for a night and it was the biggest mistake we could make. We should have known as there was no one in the parking lot. Hotels.com gave us a good deal but they accidentally booked us two rooms. When I went to check in there was no one there. I rang the bell that they put out and it still took 10 minutes to get someone to check us in. They never once said that we had another room, or offered us a key to the other room. When we awoke in the morning we noticed that we had double the charge. The GF went out to talk to the staff to clear it up, and the sheepish lady at the front desk past it off to the owner/manager. He then berated and yelled at my GF saying it wasn’t his fault. My GF works in customer service and is used to being yelled at, but he did it in such a way that she was irate. The icing on this cake is that he did it with little man right next to her. She sent little man down to get me, so I would deal with him. When I spoke with him he was still rude but he didn’t yell at me. I at first thought that the GF might have been over reacting but when the Owner/manager walked out from around the front desk he started yelling at her saying he wasn’t going to deal with her. I pulled him aside, he told me there was nothing he could do and walked away. The GF called hotels.com to see what they could do… and hotels.com tried calling the hotel. The hotel said that there was a leak in the pool and that the manager wasn’t available. This as it turns out is the company lie to get you to hang up so they don’t have to deal with you. After having my family belittled and yelled, with poor customer service I wouldn’t recommend this place to anyone.
On the other hand the rooms were nice and clean, and the breakfast provided was nice. It is a shame because this hotel was nice aside from the poor customer service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 100 percent non-smoking BRAND NEW Comfort Inn & Suites hotel is conveniently located off Route 1, just five miles from Portland International Jetport. Old Orchard Beach, Higgins Beach, Pine Point Beach, Scarborough Beach State Park and the University of Southern Maine are all just minutes away from this Scarborough, ME hotel. Guests of this Scarborough, ME hotel are invited to enjoy amenities and features like: * Free deluxe continental breakfast * Free wireless high-speed Internet access * Free local calls * Indoor heated pool * Exercise room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Choice Hotels, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Comfort Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn And Suites
- Comfort Hotel Scarborough
- Comfort Inn Scarborough
- Scarborough Comfort Inn
- Comfort Inn & Suites Maine/Scarborough