“Weekend GetAWay”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Portland
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Scarborough
Reviewed July 3, 2013

We completely enjoyed our weekend get a way here. Friendly staff and very clean accommodations. Close to shopping and the highway. The complimentary breakfast was great. I would come back again in the future.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
kim_dennis, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Portland, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

Hi Mary C,
We are so glad that you'll want to come back in the future! And thanks for saying so on TripAdvisor! Our hotel location is perfect for a weekend getaway and I am so happy that you enjoyed your visit.
Kim Dennis

Reviewed June 27, 2013

We stayed for 3 nights in a 2 bedroom suite to attend a local wedding, and we really enjoyed the pool, basketball court, and the complimentary buffet breakfast daily. The room was clean, beds were very comfortable, and loved the extra pillows. The staff was friendly and helpful. Very close to stores and food. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Very clean rooms. Nice staff. Front desk personnel are very responsive and helpful. My wife and I enjoyed both the breakfast and weekday dinners. By the way, Sebago Brewing Company is right next door. We will definitely return to this hotel.... close to the Portland airport, mall and major highways.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Patch Y
Reviewed June 21, 2013

very clean, nice staff, close to everything , bars shops downtown portland My wife and I will definitely stay at this location again. I am an HHonors member and I would def recommend this location to everybody!

Reviewed June 8, 2013

This is one of the best hotels I stay at. Nice stay, clean and well maintained. I will be back! Breakfast is always good. Beds very comfortable. Super convenient location. Staff is always very pleasant and happy! Kim is the Manager here, she always does a great job of making sure my stay is great.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jamey K
Reviewed June 6, 2013

This hotel had everything that I like when I'm away from home. The room was spacy, the bedroom (with door) was separate from the living room, the sink was separate from the bathroom. My husband can shave while I shower and we don't get in each others way. The bed was soooo comfortable, the staff is right on top of things. We requested additional coffee and it was sent up immediately. I liked their choice of shampoo, soap (neutragena) products. There was no noise and this was important since we were very close to the airport. We will definitely stay there again on our next trip.

Room Tip: I always want a comfortable bed to sleep in and quietness, rooms are large. There are separate therm...
2  Thank Lorraine B
kim_dennis, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Portland, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2013

Thank you lorraineh653! What a nice review you wrote about our hotel. I am so pleased that you enjoyed the spacious suite and the private bedroom and living room. We hope you are able to visit us again soon!
Kim Dennis, General Manager

Reviewed June 4, 2013

as a diamond member, I should have received a room upgrade (if rooms were available) online it stated that room (that would be my upgrade) was available, however I did not receive the upgrade. somehow the room I had selected online was a smoking room, but the lady at the front desk was kind and quick to fixing the error. she got me a different room that was non-smoking. And i did not receive the milano cookies that i always look forward to getting when staying at a Homewood Suites (it wasnt in the original room that i checked into). outside of that, my stay there was great. plenty of parking spaces (even for a holiday weekend) and the lady that took care of me when I checked in should definitely be recognized. she was professional, and accommodated my needs in a timely and efficient manner.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Good afternoon,
Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. Your comments are very important to me. As a Hilton Honors Diamond member, you are a valued guest at our Homewood and throughout the Hilton family of hotels. Our Homewood Team takes pride in providing hospitality to our guests and I was so happy to see that we were able to change your reservation from a smoking suite to a One-Bedroom Non-Smoking suite. We apologize for missing the Hilton Honors My Way gift bag of Milano cookies and water and the upgrade, when available, into a Two Bedroom Non-Smoking suite. I do hope that you'll give us another chance when in our neighborhood, and please do reach out to me personally so I may assist with reservations.
Kim Dennis, General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Scarborough
Fairfield Inn Portland Maine Mall
Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Maine
Candlewood Suites Portland - Scarborough
Hampton Inn Portland Airport
Hampton Inn Portland Airport
#1 of 13 in South Portland
Hilton Garden Inn Portland Airport
Residence Inn Portland Scarborough

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Portland? Share your experiences!