“Had a wonderful stay.”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Portland
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Scarborough
Reviewed July 7, 2011

We stayed at the hotel for six nights. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. We stayed in a 1 bedroom with the living room. It was very spacious. It is on the outskirts of Portland; however I-95 and I-295 were less than five minutes from the hotel. Within 10 - 15 minutes, you were in Downtown Portland.

There are restaurants and shops close by. The Maine Mall was up the street along with several restaurants. Plus, it was within 10 minutes to the airport.

We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank manuel72

Reviewed July 2, 2011

Conveniently located just outside of Portland, minutes away from the Jetport. Clean and comfortable. Free breakfast and dinner was a nice extra. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed April 23, 2011

The suites allow you to let baby sleep in a separate room. They also served free breakfast and, during working days, free dinners. You have to have a car to get around.

Reviewed February 25, 2011

This is a really nice hotel: very clean, great free breakfast and evening reception, outwardly friendly staff, and nice suites. I was impressed with the cleanliness of all the common areas. Also, the room and bathroom were spotless. Staff was very friendly and we appreciated the free breakfasts and convenient location south of Portland and close to I-95, I-295 and the Maine Mall.

I used to be a business traveler, so I have stayed in my fair share of rooms all over the country. Like I said, this is a REALLY nice hotel. However, if you want me to nitpick, here are some very minor items which I noticed:

(1) Wireless internet, although free, was VERY slow at times. We just wanted to watch a quick video containing the weather forecast and the connection really wouldn't let that happen for more than a few seconds at a time. Also, may pages loaded slowly.

(2) My wife forgot her toothbrush and called the Front Desk to see if they had any complimentary items as most hotels do. They did not. She had to purchase one in the sundry shop for $2. Not a big deal, but this is the first hotel I have visited that did not offer complimentary toiletries to replace items you may have forgotten.

(3) I requested a crib for my daughter when making the reservation. I reconfirmed when checking in. The Front Desk clerk acknowledged this fact and said it would already be in the room. It wasn't. I had to call and ask again. They then brought it promptly. This is a minor item, but it's a pet peeve I experience at ALL hotels - not just this one.

(4) A/C units were effective but a little annoying. They never stop blowing air unless you turn them off completely. Not a big deal, but a minor annoyance.

Again, this is a GREAT hotel which I would recommend to anyone. The fact that I could only find the 4 aforementioned minor problems speaks to this.

2  Thank jonmatt4nr
Reviewed February 24, 2011

My husband booked this trip as a birthday present to me last July. This hotel was extremely clean and dog friendly! We had a room on the first floor for convenience when walking the dogs and a separate kitchen area. Breakfast and dinner were included with our room and the food was great! The bed was very comfortable and the finishes in the room were high end! It was a short drive to OOB (Old Orchard Beach) and there were many area attractions on the main stretch.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank italeviee13
Reviewed February 18, 2011

We were pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness and the services offered by this hotel. Homewood Suites in Scarborough was by far the best hotel. Everything was great! Staff was very friendly and professional. Everyone in our family enjoyed their stay. The hotel is conveniently located. Super experience! Thank you Homewood Suites Scarborough! :)

1  Thank LoveMaine21
Reviewed December 5, 2010

A bit hard to find, but a nice hotel with big rooms, food, pool, and no hidden charges. Very good for families - and nice staff. If you can't afford downtown, this is a great option - and had places to eat a walk away.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Maisqueporra
kim_dennis, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Portland, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2011

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. We are located in Scarborough, right on the South Portland line and there are lots of options for restaurants, shopping, and attractions not too far from the hotel. On behalf of our Homewood Team, I hope you'll choose us again when in our neighborhood.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Scarborough
Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Maine
Residence Inn Portland Scarborough
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#11 of 13 in Scarborough

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Portland? Share your experiences!