Super 8 Sanford Kennebunkport Area
$107
The Lodge at Kennebunk(Kennebunk)(Great Value!)
$59
$104
$79
Hotels.com
Elmwood Resort Hotel(Wells)(Great Value!)
$99
Sanford Inn(Sanford)
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsroom was cleanlarge walmarttv channelsfront desksuper walmartbudget hotelfridge and microwaveplace to staynight's sleepnice breakfastno elevatorcontinental breakfastthe breakfast areaper nightfirst flooryogurtwould definitely stay here again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 16, 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 16, 2014

Reviewed August 15, 2014

Reviewed August 15, 2014

Reviewed August 4, 2014

As I understand things, Super 8 started in the 70's as a competitive lower end option for 8 bucks a night and u got the 8th night free. They have come a long way. Not all of them are the same, some are better than others. This one is as good as they get without any frills. What I mean is that some super 8's have a pool, etc, most do not. This one, our room, had a king bed, comfy mattress, with 2 nice comfy chairs on the side, a desk, big flat screen, a fridge. And microwave. I happen to be recently spoiled, staying at condos and resorts, this is not that. However, it is all it claims. The breakfast is what it is and the staff, mostly all family, really stays on top of everything. They are a nice mix of service, and you can tell they work with some on being friendly, above the mean of acceptability, which they certainly are. It seems more a place where workers stay than tourists, us being in the latter. My wife and I found it acceptable. We believe any more than two people per roomies too many, just not enough room. (Baby's, not children excluded). The location is 20 miles to the beach, and that's Wells Beach, a great beach. I pleaded when booking this with my wife that it was closer to the beach, as gps and other sources claim 15 or 16 miles but don't buy in to it. It's gonna take you a half hour with no traffic and up. It's not a frequented route which is nice. The town of Sanford is within 5 miles opposite the beach and there were a number of good eats enroute in both directions, including dirty dozen doughnuts in Sanford, and captain hooks in north wells. There are tons of ice cream places and they are all good if u aren't used to good ice cream.nifnu are used to good ice cream, be sure you go where it's made on premise. The place just to the east of the super 8 is not, and the one smile to the west is. My fav is across from captan hooks on1 in north wells, but there are a plenty from Portland, which is routed best angled northeast from the super 8. Kennebunk/port, Portland and wells should be the ocean choices if you stay here. It's just too far for Kittery and York and Portsmouth if u ask me. Overall it reiterates the true hold back in staying at a motel(and I know that now e are to call places such as the super 8 a hotel, but it's not, it's a motel, a place where u park where your room is and have a room, versus a place to hang in, home like, while on vacation. Yeah you can store some food and we did and yes, you can nuke stuff while on your stay, but it's not home away from home, and never claims to be...
Oh, blueberry picking.... Our best place was south west of the place a few miles and we liked it better than the place you see, north east of the super 8. The acquisition of Wyndham who news owns super 8 I'm sure helps keep the quality up, but this one would be good regardless if you ask me. Consistent room cleaning by an older couple was quite good, and it was somewhat nice to have the same checking/out person, I believe the owner, or spouse of the official proprietor. Overall I don't believe we will be back, but it's not their fault. Traveling is a very personal thing, and sometimes cost savings, our reason for staying here, are not worth it. Our 5 night stay here versus on the ocean saved us about $500. I am starting saving now if we can't use our vacation ownership for next summer's trip, so I won't be having to settle for less than I desire as we did staying here. Ice maker was always with ice and clean. Vending was limited but reasonable. Free newspaper too, USA today, though you had to be an early worm as two days I came to late and they were all gone... For sure we saved on not having to eat breakfast, and it was a decent fare, that kept supply through the 6-9 hours. Waffles,cereal, good cinnamon rolls, English muffins, yogurt, fruit,and maybe a few other things. Not a huge amount of tables for eating, but it was enough. That whole scene can be personally very overwhelming and if I was the proprietor I'd find it hard to not react on the peeps who gorge and take and eat the food as though they'll never eat again, and not pick up after themselves to boot. This is a point too, that the clientele/other guests, are likely to not be 5star, and sometimes that can be a problem too. Overall, for sure Clean, efficient. Not a flea bag motel by any means, and on the meridian of a flea bag motel and the ritz, for sure this place is on the side of The Ritz!

Room Tip: We happened to be on the end room, first floor. It probably was quieter than others risking noise on both sides, BUT the first morning we slept in and it was near the ice room and waser/dryer which was loud and I had to go in and shut the door of that room.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple