“Not What We Expected”

Lord's Clam Box
Ranked #2 of 58 Restaurants in Sanford
Cuisines: American, Italian, Seafood
Reviewed July 8, 2014

While vacationing in Maine, we traditionally visited an old favorite, Lords, in Wells. To our surprise we learned that it had relocated to Sanford. Since it was one of our favorites, we took the trek. What a mistake!
We should have walked out the moment we walked in. Instead of a restaurant, it was more like a fast food chain. We ordered giving express directions on how we wanted our food cooked since we are basically healthy eaters.
To our surprise, even though we expressed that we were eating there, we had to pick up up our
orders from the counter. We were loaded down with paper bags & take home containers. The haddock, which we ordered without butter, literally looked as though it was fit for a cat.
That said, we will not be returning. It was a wasted drive. Oh, Lords, why change something that was never broken?

4  Thank Jan M

Reviewed July 3, 2014

My mother and I were so excited to learn Lord's was opening a new restaurant in Sanford, so I took her there for her birthday. I should have known NOT to order a "Fresh" Lobster Roll (anyone who puts fresh in quotation marks must mean previously frozen). We also ordered a garden salad with no onions. One salad had no onions, one had them. The tomatoes were hard and flavorless and there were brown edges on some of the lettuce. The lobster roll was the most flavorless lobster I've ever eaten. I've had better lobster rolls in Massachusetts (you would think the best lobster would come from Maine) and even from Market Basket (2 rolls for $5) or Roche Bros. Supermarket ($5.99 or $6.99) It was $10 for plain lobster in a hot dog roll. The mayo was salty and served in a little cup on the side. The decor of the restaurant reminds me of an operating room with stark white tiles (although there are a few red tiles). It was so cold in the restaurant that we couldn't wait to get out of there. $35 for 2 tasteless lobster rolls, 2 sodas and 2 lousy garden salads. It was a very BORING meal and not the meal we wanted for my mother's birthday.

1  Thank Jean293
Reviewed June 20, 2014

Owners operated wonderful Lord's Harborside in Wells ME for 45 years. Had to give it up because did not want to sign a long term lease. Built new restaurant in Stamford. Offering much of the same food as before, but with a more streamlined menu. Everything is a-la-carte and prices overall are cheaper. Take out available. Lacks the ambiance of eating overlooking Wells harbor, but building new and clean. No waitresses (person available to help carry your food) and food served on paper/plastic. Quick service. Open 11:00 to 8:30. Good value.

5  Thank Ronald A