“Solid Neighborhood Fare”

Ranked #7 of 57 Restaurants in Sanford
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

Just stopped by for a quick lunch with friends and the BSG doesn't disappoint. Good service and solid fresh food at a reasonable price. Had the Club Sandwich and it was very good. Great spot in Downtown Sanford.

3  Thank CarlGagnon

Reviewed November 7, 2012

Stopped by last Saturday night November 3rd. Always great beers on Tap to go with the Fantastic Buffalo Fingers. Went in with my Dad and my Brother. My Dad had the Seafood Diablo. He was complaining about the kick it had but he couldn't stop eating it. He is 83 years old and I think that everything has a bit of too much spice to it. When he finally said he had enough there was only 3 mussels left over which my brother was more than happy to finish off. My brother had the ribs and when they came to the table I didn't hear a word from him for at least 10 minutes. He made quick work of those ribs and was licking his fingers clean. I ordered the mixed frill because i had to bring the buff fingers home to my kids or i would be killed. the mixed grill was fantastic it was Ribs,Steak Tips,Boneless Chicken Breast with Rice and Squash. Server was great and over another reason to go back.

2  Thank BrianG848
Reviewed October 22, 2012

The title of this review is reason enough for a visit to the Back Street Grill. That and the friendly, adept staff. BSG has it together. I can also recommend the mussels appetizer - perfect for two.

1  Thank Neal S
Reviewed September 8, 2012

We had a little challenge finding where "Back Street" was, but once we found it we were very happy with it. We each had a roasted portabella sandwich with grilled veggies and cheese. Crusty bread and luscious flavors in the mix.

1  Thank Perestroika13
Reviewed August 13, 2012

My wife and I stopped for dinner based on a recommendation from a local bartender. We were not disappointed. I had the haddock fish fry and my wife had broiled haddock with scallops. Both meals were fresh and well prepared. Waitress was very friendly but not well versed in the beer selections. Spent a little time chatting with the young fellow who has owned the restaurant for the past 7 years. Did not go upstairs to see the bar but the downstairs dining area was a pleasant space. Overall, a very pleasant dinner that we both enjoyed.

1  Thank Frank H