“What's not to love”

Third Alarm Diner
Ranked #5 of 58 Restaurants in Sanford
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Classic diner breakfast right in the middle of town. How classic? Great service, prices and they've even got Spam as an option. Friendly local crowd.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

I used to like the homestyle cooking here. Turkey dinners, stews, burgers, etc. They have now remodeled, but it is not an improvement in my opinion. The old style diner counter atmosphere is gone. My last visit I had chili, a diner test dish for sure, and it was salty, not so good, possibly not even prepared from scratch. If you can't make good chili, your diner is in for trouble. I hope they bounce back and get busy again.

1  Thank MattLaShea
Reviewed May 24, 2013

I didn't go into the diner myself but my husband brought me a hamburger and fries from it while I was in the laundromat across the street. The food I had was very good. Normally I don't like ketchup on a hamburger but this burger was very good overall anyway. My husband enjoyed the decor and the premise surrounding the Third Alarm Diner and I'm sorry I didn't see it. The service was kind of slow - it took him a long time to get back to the laundromat with our food. And it was just a little pricey for what we got.

Reviewed December 14, 2012

My boyfriend and I come here almost every week and order breakfast! It's our favorite in town- never a wait! Occasionally the soda is flat..

Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

You don't expect pan fried bacon in most any restaurant, but breakfast here featured bacon left so long in an oven that it was literally jerky. And nasty jerky at that! The same awful bacon was served in my omelet and as the so-called "bacon" that accompanied my wife's eggs.

I really wanted to like this place, but we won't be back.

1  Thank PaulOfMaine