“Super food and service!”
Review of Fresco Mexican Grill - CLOSED

Fresco Mexican Grill
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Four of us checked out the Fresco Mexican Grill on a Friday night. Small but quaint, great drinks and a good selection of beer. The house Margarita was my choice and it was excellent!! We all had a great meal, great service and we shared a dessert of Deep Fried Ice Cream. This was an excellent dessert and the presentation was absolutely beautiful, a must try. Will be returning here soon. All entrees are freshly made on premise. It shows in the appearance and taste of the food!!

There are newer reviews for Fresco Mexican Grill

Reviewed February 1, 2013

After seeing the other reviews, the wife and I decided to try it. And I am glad we did. Small, limited tables (7+) filled with a diverse crowd, families, children. The food was well prepared, the service was tremendous, They seem to have specials many nights of the week, and the prices are almost too low. Friday Night was busy. We may go a different night next time. And we will go again !
It is not even close to fancy, not a chain run spot, but a small group of friends that like what they are doing, and do it well.

1  Thank Frank A
Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

The food is great. More like the food you would eat in Mexico. Not drenched in cheese, fresh and well presented. I will go back!

Reviewed January 21, 2013

My husband and I always purchase Groupons to any restaurant in the area it gives us a reason to try new places. This place was wonderful! It has about 7 tables so it's small, but we went on a Thursday night so no wait. We had great service and 6.00 pitchers of margaritas! Can't beat that. We both got fajitas and they were yummy. We are always happy to find a place we will want to go back to again and again. It's nice to see a good restaurant in Sangord!

Reviewed January 17, 2013

At the risk of not being able to get a table in the future (there are only 7), I'm going to let you in on a secret: Great food and service at Fresco Mexican Grill.

It's been open for a while, but I had not stopped by because I assumed it to be a tiny hole-in-the-wall in a nearly run-down building. Wrong!

First of all, the place is small and very nicely clean. There are only seven 4-top tables, but the service was prompt and fast. We were promptly greeted, served, and attended during the meal.
Once seated, chips and salsa arrived immediately, and we ordered a House Margarita and a Strawberry Basil Margarita. The Strawberry Basil Margarita was a bit amusing in that it arrived with a piece of dry ice suspended in what appeared to be a steel spice ball, so the drink was bubbling and foggy vapors were rising from the glass. Both were delicious and reasonably priced. All drinks arrive in small mason jars, and you pour your Margarita into a salt- or sugar-rimmed glass.

My Steak Quesadilla came with rice and choice of beans. It’s worth noting that the black beans tasted really good, with onion and spice done just right. It might seem like a small thing, but I appreciate well done sides. The rice was unremarkable – not recently prepared and only warm -- and was the only non-stellar item on the plate. Everything else was good enough; I’ll overlook the rice.

There were empty tables at 6:30 PM on a Thursday night, and we chided the server for not having a Web site to advertise the place.

So stop by and visit Fresco Mexican Grill, it’s the gem of the neighborhood. But, please, allow me to get there ahead of you and grab one of the few available tables.

1  Thank PaulOfMaine