“Fresh!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fresco Mexican Grill - CLOSED

Fresco Mexican Grill
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Sanford, Maine
“Fresh!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

The food is great. More like the food you would eat in Mexico. Not drenched in cheese, fresh and well presented. I will go back!

Kennebunk, Maine
“Great food and service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

My husband and I always purchase Groupons to any restaurant in the area it gives us a reason to try new places. This place was wonderful! It has about 7 tables so it's small, but we went on a Thursday night so no wait. We had great service and 6.00 pitchers of margaritas! Can't beat that. We both got fajitas and they were yummy. We are always happy to find a place we will want to go back to again and again. It's nice to see a good restaurant in Sangord!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
“A secret that I hesitate to share ...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

At the risk of not being able to get a table in the future (there are only 7), I'm going to let you in on a secret: Great food and service at Fresco Mexican Grill.

It's been open for a while, but I had not stopped by because I assumed it to be a tiny hole-in-the-wall in a nearly run-down building. Wrong!

First of all, the place is small and very nicely clean. There are only seven 4-top tables, but the service was prompt and fast. We were promptly greeted, served, and attended during the meal.
Once seated, chips and salsa arrived immediately, and we ordered a House Margarita and a Strawberry Basil Margarita. The Strawberry Basil Margarita was a bit amusing in that it arrived with a piece of dry ice suspended in what appeared to be a steel spice ball, so the drink was bubbling and foggy vapors were rising from the glass. Both were delicious and reasonably priced. All drinks arrive in small mason jars, and you pour your Margarita into a salt- or sugar-rimmed glass.

My Steak Quesadilla came with rice and choice of beans. It’s worth noting that the black beans tasted really good, with onion and spice done just right. It might seem like a small thing, but I appreciate well done sides. The rice was unremarkable – not recently prepared and only warm -- and was the only non-stellar item on the plate. Everything else was good enough; I’ll overlook the rice.

There were empty tables at 6:30 PM on a Thursday night, and we chided the server for not having a Web site to advertise the place.

So stop by and visit Fresco Mexican Grill, it’s the gem of the neighborhood. But, please, allow me to get there ahead of you and grab one of the few available tables.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank PaulOfMaine
“great food and amazing margaritas!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

I went there for lunch today and it was fantastic. My boyfriend and I each tried the smoking flavored margaritas (yes they are actually smoking..wicked cool). The appetizer, entrees and dessert were also great. We will definitely be back.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank maine_jen81
Sanford, Maine
“Good Food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

The food was great. The guacamole was fresh, poppers hot, and fajitas delicious. Only complaint: the restaurant is chilly - hope they get the heating system in order.

• Visited December 2012