“Ramada”

Ramada Saco/Old Orchard Beach Area
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Saco
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I stayed for one night at this hotel. I was in room 211.
The room - it was clean. It had a fridge and a microwave, which I paid $10 extra for. I also had a crib, also $10 additional. My son wouldn't sleep in the crib. He is 2.5 years old, and the crib was a bit flimsy and small for him. The toilet was a bit clogged, to the point that it filled to the rim before the water level went down. I told housekeeping and they sent someone right up, but he couldn't get it unclogged, so I told him to come back after I had checked out. The room was very warm, I didn't have to turn the heat on. Oh, I had no hot or even warm water when I went to take a shower in the morning. When I mentioned this at check out the clerk said other guests had also mentioned this, so they had turned it up. Great for the next guests, but really didn't help me much. He did apologize, in a very standard, rehearsed manner.

The hotel does offer a free continental breakfast. It is the standard items you find. Bagels, toast, scrambled/hard boiled eggs. Cereal, oatmeal, coffee, tea, juice, milk. Nothing above and beyond.

This hotel does allow pets. When I was leaving the hotel there was a dog standing in front of the door, not on a leash. I think the owner was at the front desk. The owner didn't call the dog, or say anything to me, like, oh don't worry hes friendly. So I made my way past the dog, hoping also that it didn't run out when I opened the door.

This hotel is off the highway, so you have to get back on the highway to go anywhere. There is another entrance off North St, but these two access points don't merge so if you come in off the highway you need to leave that way. If you come in off North St, you must leave by North St. I didn't like this. I was able to drive around the hotel on Saturday afternoon, but when I went to do that on Sunday it was blocked by a padlocked gate. Maybe since its the off season they do this, and maybe there is access during the summer. I don't know. Just something I found annoying.

So would I stay here again, I think that I would, it was a clean, affordable hotel. I just wish I had been able to take a hot shower, and flush the toilet without worrying about it overflowing, if I had been staying more than one night, these things would have been bigger issues.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank lola72
There are newer reviews for Ramada Saco/Old Orchard Beach Area

Reviewed March 3, 2013

My biggesst complaint with my two day stay was that the room didn't get cleaned great after the last person stayed in the room. The room didn't have a refrigerator and I am not a coffee drinker so I brought some soda. I had to go to a totally different floor on the opposit end to get ice, I grabbed the icebox to go and noticed it had something brown and sticky in the box as well as what appeared to be dried on kleenex tissue. Needless to say, I had to scrub that out and let it cool off before I could get ice. Also, when I went to take a shower, there were long black hairs in the tup and on the curtain....I have short blonde hair. There were a couple other cleaning issues as well. Other than that, it was a great place to stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Melanie K
Reviewed February 18, 2013

When we arrived at the hotel the manager on duty was not very friendly, she was more "matter of fact". the room was about 50 degrees when we entered the room at 10pm and it took until 2:30AM for the room to get up to 70 degrees. We were freezing. You had to wear shoes in the room because the floor (we were on the 1st florr) the slab was so cold that your feet could feel the outside cold. I am from New England so I understand cold but this was ridiculous.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Rodney T
Reviewed February 11, 2013

My sister and I had to head up to Maine for a family emergency and opted to stay at the Ramada (reasonable prices) The service we received upon checking in was great. The front desk attendant was friendly and helpful, and check in went smoothly. The room was CLEAN, heat worked ( a plus considering that it was the blizzard of 2013), the dining attendant was a wonderfully helpful woman and all around the staff were cheerful and helpful. The dinner offered was restaurant quality. Thank you to all the staff at the Saco Ramada. I will be back and recommend you highly.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank anealon
Reviewed February 5, 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Mary Ann C
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Time after time our meetings receive the utmost attention and service. The Biddeford+Saco Chamber of Commerce & Industry proudly endorses the outstanding quality of the Ramada Saco first hand! From the minute you enter this establishment you know that you will be totally satisfied with from start to finish! Thank you Ramada Saco!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank BiddefordSacoChamber
Reviewed January 11, 2013

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saco
Hampton Inn Saco / Biddeford
#15 of 20 in Portland
Best Western Merry Manor Inn
Best Western Merry Manor Inn
#2 of 13 in South Portland

Been to Ramada Saco/Old Orchard Beach Area? Share your experiences!