“Should have read Trip Advisor first.”

Ramada Saco/Old Orchard Beach Area
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Saco
Reviewed September 28, 2012

A friend suggested Ramada Saco from a previous visit. Stayed at nice Ramada in Syracuse prev night for $79, accommodations were great. As per previous messages in Trip Advisor entrance very hard to find. Room was $129. Given room 410 and we went in and all we could smell was body odor, wall paper looked old and at ceiling level looked as tho there had been water damage. Phoned front desk and asked if another room available and desk clerk asked us to come down and she would give us another room. She apologized, reduced our rate to $90. We tried to explain to her why we wanted another room and she stated " I have already apologized". She had a young man Jason escort us to another room #402. We took the room although still smelled of BO, appeared to be less water damage. We then went to front desk to look for suggestion for a place to eat close by. She gave us a couple of menus and directions. I innocently asked where her favorite place was and she stated "that was not what I had originally asked her"......clerk was very stressed out as I assume ours weren't the only complaints that day....bathtub had someone else's "hairs" in it. Needless to say we will be avoiding Ramada Saco in the future....

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Robert H

Reviewed September 27, 2012

This location suits me perfectly as my daughter lives 5 miles away in Old Orchard Beach. I stay here whenever I get the chance to come to Maine. The hotel is conveniently located off of I-95 and has all the features one needs in a stay. The complimentary breakfast is outstanding. The service desk was extremely helpful when I had trouble with my key card. The problem was quickly resolved. I was extremely satisfied with my stay and would recommend the Ramada/Saco hotel to everyone.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Stayed at the hotel for a wedding on Friday night and the gentleman checking me in was extremely kind and professional. I've only stayed in a Ramada on two other occasions (not this location) and disliked both of those stays because the inns were run down and/or dirty. I only had two options in Saco and other people going to the wedding were staying at this location so I decided to give the chain another chance. Glad I did, if I'm ever this way again I will stay there for sure.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Reviewed September 1, 2012

2 day business trip to Maine. Chose this hotel based upon the ratings, price and location to the company we were to visit. Overall, a nice hotel with most of the amenities and features one would expect from a Ramada. The hotel is not a typical Ramada style - looks more like an older Country Inn or Homewood Suites that has been renovated into a Ramada, but the staff is very friendly and the decor is contemporary. The carpet in the hallway and elevator is showing some wear, but it did not detract from the overall look of the hotel. Room was clean, if not a bit sparse. The work desk in the room was way too small - a very skinny work space. And there are not enough available outlets in the room for more than one or two charging devices. The bathroom was spacious and nice but there was a rust stain under the toilet. The door to the bathroom opens up to block the main door - I thought that was a bit odd but it was wide enough to handle any traveler. Breakfast was good, fresh. If you got up early enough (aka 0600) they had homemade banana bread available (runs out early). They allow dogs in the hotel and we saw several out being walked each morning.

The one thing that struck us as odd was the location /parking. The hotel has two approaches - one from the north that everyone takes but it is two miles off of the turnpike and a few confusing turns to locate. The second entrance is from the northbound side of the turnpike (I95) and you cannot access the other side of the hotel. This side is used as a park & ride for commuters and it has the driveway approach with portico, but you cannot get to it from the north side. Some have expressed confusion with this arrangement and I would agree. The hotel is set back from everything and is not really near anything. You have to drive out a ways to find a restaurant. I think that makes it a bit quieter on the property even if it is located just about 200 yards off of the turnpike. I would tend to agree with several others - a good moderate level alternate to the overpriced, over used beach hotels.

Room Tip: Request a room on the east side - away from the turnpike.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Aluminut
Reviewed August 24, 2012

How on earth can this place charge the rates that it charges? It has none of the amenities or service one would expect at its price point. It sits in the middle of an industrial park. It has no exercise room. The rooms are bare, with only minimal decor. Breakfast is chain motel standard. When I asked the person at the counter about routes to go running, she looked at me as if I had two heads and said she had absolutely no idea.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ratgirlagain
Reviewed August 23, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 2 days for these past 2 weeks. All I can say is that the front desk workers are very friendly and helpful. The front desk manager is quite accommodating. The rooms are clean and bed is comfortable. The hotel is about 15-20 minutes away from Ferry Beach Park. The hotel is at a nice and quiet location. The continental breakfast is okay, really don't like the eggs.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 22, 2012

This Ramada is a nice option if you're visiting the Old Orchard Beach area but don't want to stay in a run-down beach motel. It's not on the main drag, but only about a 10-minute ride. Easy to get to the beach, Funtown, etc. Basic but clean room. Pool isn't huge but good enough for a short swim. Free contentinental breakfast very basic (and in a small area), but fine for a quick bite before heading out. Overall, this is a somewhat average moderate-level hotel that is a bit overpriced for what it is. But as the kids said, "it was way better than all those dirty little motels we drove by near the beach."

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saco
Hampton Inn Saco / Biddeford
#15 of 21 in Portland
Best Western Merry Manor Inn
Best Western Merry Manor Inn
#2 of 13 in South Portland

Been to Ramada Saco/Old Orchard Beach Area? Share your experiences!