“Fried Seafood Heaven”

Lobster Claw Pound & Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 55 Restaurants in Saco
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Montreal, Canada
“Fried Seafood Heaven”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We've been going there for years and were there again last week.

The fried seafood is well prepared,not greasy and super tasty.

We got the Fisherman's platter, a lobster roll and a fish sandwhich. All were delicious!

Our waitress was friendly and attentive. I love sitting outside at a picnic table with my feet in gravel and the wind from the fan in my hair eating fried clams!

That is what a vacation is all about! I can't wait to go back

• Visited June 2013

• Turkish first
Biddeford, Maine
“Funky little set up...pleasantly surprised.”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We decided to play tourist the other night, and stopped at this local joint to check it out. Same fare that all the summer tourist places serve - lobster rolls overpriced, and fried any-kind-of-seafood-you -can-think-of. But the fries were unusual and very good, and the clam cakes were good. Servings looked generous around us. VERY unusual interior - kind of outdoors, but inside. Crushed rock floors with picnic tables and fans. Comfortable, casual, happy place. Reminded us of what the Clambake was years ago... my lobster roll was not impressive, but honestly? Its rare to find one that is.

• Visited June 2013
New Hampshire
“Classic New England Seafood”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

The service is friendly, the portions are huge, and the food is classic New England fried seafood. All of the seafood was fresh, tasty, and well prepared. We will definitely stop in here again on our next Maine trip.

Visited June 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“If your in Maine !!”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Every time I'm in Maine I have to make this one of my first stops. Battered whole bellies !!! You can't find them better!! They have been there for 45 years!! Must be doing something right!!!!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Delishfish
Nashville, Tennessee
“YES!”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Did you know that Maine restaurants do not dilute their chowders or stews with flour???

I arrived here on the suggestion of my AAA Tourbook.
When I arrived in late afternoon - after hugging the coast of Maine with my car and seeing all the little ocean resorts, I got hungry and needed my lobster fix.
This place DID NOT disappoint.

Jessica was good to me.. She was my waitress and I explained that flour would put me in the hospital so could she please guide me through the menu.
I chose the Haddock chowder, the 1.5 pound steamed lobster (EXTRA butter please), cole slaw and pickled beets.. Everything was delicious, hot, fresh, delicious...
My haddock chowder had bits of potato and onion in it.. Lots of cream and butter.
It was delicious and my first time having this fish chowder.
My lobster was delicious and hot, I ate everything I could suck out of the body.
Cole slaw was fresh, not too sweet and delicious.

I also had their 2 for 1 margarita which was pretty decent.. They use a sweet mix, and only pour 1 ounce per drink.. Still for $7 I got 2 ounces of tequila..

I would suggest this place, for sure!
Reasonable, friendly, all homemade food..
You cannot go wrong.

And..... drive along the beach in Saco and check out how the pine trees go all the way up to the sand on the beach.. It's a beautiful little town, full of pine trees and friendly people.
Reminded me of New Haven, CT with the row houses..

• Visited October 2012