“Rude staff” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lobster Claw Pound & Restaurant

Lobster Claw Pound & Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 54 Restaurants in Saco
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Dining on a budget, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Montreal,Qc
“Rude staff”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

Food was okay, they have a wide selection however staff was rude and curt. Place is like a fast food place. You order, take a seat and they will serve it to you. We took our order to go and they managed to forget something, which we noticed only when we go back to our hotel. Overall seems a little disorganized.

Visited August 2012
2 Thank Mich76
RRC C, Owner at Lobster Claw Pound & Restaurant, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
WE have seating capacity for 100 guest and serve up to 600 customers per day. with our small seasonal crew I think this is wonderful.It may look chaotic at times but believe me we've been doing this for 45 years and really know what we're doing.Your claim is we missed somthing in your take out order. you should have called and we would have compt you for this. Like I said we serve up to 600 customers every day and were only as good as our seasonal help and we miss very litte

• Turkish first
York Beach, Maine
“Rude staff”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

I visited this place for the first, and last time this past week. I was on vacation with my family and had purchased a restaurant.com gift certificate for $25.00. I presented it when I placed my order and right away, the female behind the counter became very defensive. She interrupted me multiple times saying I could not order this or that. (lobster, scallops, any specials) Come on, this is a seafood restaurant and I can't order scallops. The coupon itself said lobster wasn't included but it didn't say anything about the other stuff. She was extremely rude and actually started yelling at me. I have never seen anything like it. She also asked to see my license when I presented the certificate. Not sure why but obviously it was so she could track who was using these certificates. She told us not to buy anymore because they were cancelling themselves from the program. Lady, if you are reading this, the restaurant you work for or own or whatever, is the one who signed up for these certificates to get people to come in and use them so it is not the customers fault. This is no way to run a business, and I am not surprised the place was 3/4 empty at 5pm in the middle of the summer. Anybody else who is reading this, do yourself a favor and skip this place. The Clam Bake is only a few miles down the road in Pine Point. Food is great and so is the customer service.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Olivia R
Another unhappy restaurant .commer. This program was to bring customers to try our food. the lobster and scallop exclusions were clearly labled on THEIR site and you should have read the entire add before buying the certificate. we recieve no monies from this company we opted out of this program because of people like you and remember nothing really is free
Plaistow, New Hampshire, United States
“Don't Bother!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012

First off, the woman at the counter was incredibly rude! I had a restaurant.com gift certifcate to use. She informed me of the strict guidelines on using them "NO LOBSTER, NO SCALLOPS." However, mine coupon only stated "No Lobster." She then spoke to me and my husband in a very condescending way. Treated me as if I was trying to scam them. This certainly was not a way to drum up new business let alone maintain your current customers. I decided to hand the coupon off to the nice family behind me, she then said "well, if you're all together I can't take it anyways." We weren't together, just trying to help another person save some money.I ordered my food (no using the coupon I ordered the lobster roll). She then said "You wouldn't have been able to use it anyways with this order." My response to her nasty comment was "I would've ordered differently had you let us use it!" I will NOT be returning to this restaurant. The food itself was mediocre. Oh, and the bathrooms are in the middle of the restaurant. The lobster roll...might as well get one from McDonalds!

• 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Gina G
Old Orchard Beach, Maine
“Great place to bring family”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012

I decided to take my family there when they came to OOB to visit me. There were six of us all together. My parents had the seafood platter for two, my cousins had the fisherman's catch for two, and my aunt and I had fried scallops and haddock. Everything tasted very fresh. I tried some of my parents clams and they were the best I had ever had! All of the portions were huge and we all left very full. Our waitress was very attentive and made sure that all of our drinks were always filled and we were well taken care of. We sat in the screened in porch area but I had a chance to peek in the dining room and kitchen and it was all very clean. The waitress also brought out a tray of delicious-looking desserts that looked homemade but we were all so full from our dinners that we had to pass. I will be definitely taking my family here again next time they come to visit.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Ana B
Ware, Massachusetts
“RUDE service, unsanitary conditions!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012

There are many other places to eat - stay away from this place - dirty, unsanitary, rude help. there isn't a negative rating so I can't even pick one. I had a $25 certificate for "the Lobster Claw" in Saco, ME.   I went to use it and the order person would not accept it.  Before I was done placing order she interrupted me to say I didn't reach the minimum and I asked her to wait until I was finished placing my ordering ( as I had already calculated that I would reach minimum).  Then she said my meal choice didn't qualify for the coupon and I couldn't use it.  All the time she was sniffling and wiping nose with her hand.  The place is dirty and disgusting !   I said perhaps we should go to another restaurant and the window person said, in a very sarcastic, smart tone  "go ahead, have a nice meal, I hope you enjoy it, really go".   I've never received such horrible service in my life.  This woman should be fired - even some of the guests we walked by didn't blame us for leaving.  She was rude.  And I mean VERY VERY rude.  I'll never go back again .   And I didn't even mention that she demanded to see my license and wrote my private information down including name, address, license # and date of birth.  Now I'm afraid she won't be careful with my personal information.  I did NOT use the certificate yet I don't see as available in my restaurant.com .  I threw the coupon away at restaurant in front of this window person. I bet she mark it used.

7 Thank Leslie526
This is an outright LIE.We have a large window where every customer can look into our kitchen and we are one of the cleaniest in southern maine. My kitchen floor shines like glass and we get several comments on ths. We have a state health inspection and recieve a 99 out of a 100 score. You have a problem with restaurant.com and please dont take it out on us.

Been to Lobster Claw Pound & Restaurant? Share your experiences!