“Affordable, pleasent, clean...”
Review of Saco Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Saco
Saco Motel
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Saco
New York City, New York
“Affordable, pleasent, clean...”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

We frequently visit family in the area and always stay at this establishment. The motel itself is extrmely clean as well as the grounds. You can tell it is family owned and operated and that they take pride in what they do as it is well taken care of. The issue I have with franchise motels is that while you may be paying for the name you may not nessicarily be paying for a clean room, as the staff have no real vested intrest in the appearence of the room . Rest assured the staff here are the owners and they have a vested intrest in your experince, the rooms are always immaculate. The place is extremely affordable, no need to pay twice as much somewhere else just because it has a Holiday Inn sign above it. I know the apprehension of staying at mom and pop establishments is you-dont-know-what-you'll-find. Rest assured this stone is already left turned over and is a great deal.

Room Tip: Good breakfast in the AM!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Danny W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Close enough to OOB without the expense. The rooms are dated but very clean with everything you need. This is nothing special, but the owners are very friendly and the bathrooms are very clean! The beds could be more comfortable, but I guess I don't expect much in this type of sweep 'em out motel. All we do is sleep here so for that it is a reasonable rate close to one of our favorite beaches! We have stayed here for the past 3 labor day weekends and we have seen many repeaters there with us. The price is right!

Room Tip: They offer no smoking rooms which is nice.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Boston, MA
Reviewed July 13, 2012

We made reservations at the Saco Motel and have regretted it ever since.

The biggest red flag should have been the awful attitude of the man who answered the phone at the hotel. I simply wanted to reserve a room for my family for two nights and he was nasty and rude during the entire transaction. Realizing that it's a summer weekend in Maine, and that there would be limited hotel availability anywhere, I decided keep the reservation even though he has a nasty attitude. We needed the room so I put up with it.

Today I called to reconfirm our reservation and got lambasted by the same exact man who I spoke with earlier this week. He was literally furious that I had called and asked my why I needed to confirm a hotel reservation. To me this is standard practice, but to him it was simply a guest being annoying. I hung up on him and then called back a third time. This time a woman answered and I told her about what had happened. She said and I quote, "I know, I know. We really need to talk to him and tell him not to do that anymore." Well they lost a customer and I will be sure to inform my friends and family to avoid the Saco Motel like the plague. I cancelled the reservation and booked a room at the Ramada Saco. They treated me like they actually WANTED my business.

Heed my advice, make reservations at any other hotel in the area and get 100% better service and quality.

Avoid the Saco Motel like the plague.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
7 Thank dorchesterdd
Athol, Massachusetts
Reviewed September 21, 2011

We were told about this motel by a family member years ago. We have been staying here every year since then. The owners are hard working, and very friendly. The rooms are very clean, and I am very picky about the cleanliness because I have a house cleaning business. The owners have helped us find fun things to do, told us about great restaurants, and helped us when we had unexpected car problems (letting us know where there was a reliable place to have the work done). If you stay once - I am sure you will be back.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Lisa M
Penrith, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 30, 2011

had a great stay here, staff all very friendly with a good sense of humor, our room was well equiped and very clean , wellworth the rate

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank blowerboo
Millville
Reviewed June 26, 2010

My family stayed here for a week and it was great. Everything was perfect from A to Z. The staff was great,the rooms were kinda dated but very clean. My parents stay here every year for a week or two for the last 16 years. Thayer always have a good time. The sac motel is located in a perfect spot so you can hit the attractions like fun town or Portland or even boothbay harbor.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank Radie842
montreal,que,canada
Reviewed July 31, 2008

Surely not an high end resort (we are not all milionnaires),
but worth every penny,
nice and very clean room,
nice and very well taken care pool,
has been our favorite july hideway for the last 15 years,
and hope (we are not geting younger ) for another 15 years.

• Liked — my moneys worth
  • Disliked — one night they rent next to my room, to teenager and there was noise until 3 am
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank jeandeschamps
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saco
Exit 5 Motel and Cottages
Hampton Inn Saco / Biddeford
Rodeway Inn Saco
Rodeway Inn Saco
#6 of 10 in Saco
Holiday Inn Express Biddeford
Ramada Saco/Old Orchard Beach Area
Americas Best Value Inn Biddeford / Portland

Been to Saco Motel? Share your experiences!