“See the room before you pay. NO REFUND FOR EVEN 5 MINUTES!!!!”

Sunrise Motel & Cabins
Sunrise Motel & Cabins
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Saco
Reviewed August 23, 2010

If you see and smell the rooms before you pay you will go elsewhere. There is no such thing as a non-smoking room here.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
4  Thank jon04074
There are newer reviews for Sunrise Motel & Cabins

Reviewed March 22, 2010

Me and my husband went there this past weekend. we checked in got to the cabin and as soon as i opened the door the smell made me sick. when I looked around it was nothing like the pictures online for 1 and nothing like they said on the phone! when I told the ladie in the office she looked at me like i had 2 heads and said there was nothing wrong with the room. but it smelled, pink stuff all over the walls used bars of soap. we lost our money cause there was no way i could stay there. we both was so sick the rest of the day. I would never go back and would not tell anyone to go there. the town dump is better

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank eands05
Reviewed August 6, 2009

This hotel was a complete dump! We reserved it sight unseen bad mistake. At the office it says NO REFUNDS for any reason! This is because once you pay and see your room, you will want your money back! We requested a non smoking room. The room stunk like cigarettes! The sheets were dirty and were full of burn holes. The bathoom had a huge hole in the ceiling and the carpet was filthy.
The office was nice enough to transfer us to a "non" smoking room. I don't believe it was non smoking, but the stench was not nearly as pugnent. We stayed for one night and I would never stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Aileen11
Reviewed July 15, 2009

I saw this quaint little motel online. I thought how perfect for me and my 2 young teenage daughters. We wanted to go to the beach for a couple of days to enjoy the sun. Well...boy was I wrong about the quaintness. What a dump!!! When we arrived I noticed the exterior of the motel looked a bit run down but just thought it was the declining economy. I went to the office to check in and it looked like one of those cheap hooker motel lobbys you see in the movies. There was a sign that said "no refunds". That was my first red flag. Second was...if you pay cash you pay a flat rate; if you use a credit card you are charged tax. Ok, so stupid me....I paid...cash.( 80 doll for the first night, 110 for the 2nd), got the key and drove around to the back of the office. We were in the so called "suite" behind the pool (you can see it in the picture). When I booked I was told this was a non smoking suite with 2 king size beds and a small kitchen area. I opened the door and was literally blown away by shock! It was disgusting!! The smell was so bad (of cigarettes and who knows what else), the rugs were filthy and the kitchen had no silverware, very few dishes and not even a coffee pot. I had to buy a can of frebreeze and used almost the whole can trying to get rid of the smell. There was only one king size bed and one twin bed with a half wall separating the 2 beds.The televsion didnt work unless you turned on the cable box, then the tv, then the remote. Ridiculous!! No amenities, such as shampoo etc, at all. No phone. Then the pool.....no slide like in the picture and it was so dirty and mucky my girls couldnt swim. I complained to the owner and was told no refund. The owner said he would "shock" the pool and it would be ready to swim in ...in about 24 hours. We were only going to be there 2 days. I had asked at the time of booking if I could bring my little pug, who is a very good dog, and I was told yes for an additional 20 dollars a night. I left her with friends. The other "guests" are mostly residents ...drinkers and partiers who live there year round. They were banging doors and such all night and we were there during the week!! AND the kicker ...almost all of them had dogs!!!!

So....I wouldnt go back there or better yet....bring my dog!!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank traveler2009Maine
Reviewed May 20, 2009

I concur eith the latest (negative) reviews. Several years ago, I would stay here for a night or two and it was okay for the price--that is, in the off season!

This winter, I rented a room for $700 a month. It's an older motel, so it's somewhat 'run down' but it was relaxing, at first.

But the neighbours! The long term residents all know each other and are constantly (I mean fifty times a day) knocking on each other's door for companionship, which they crave with an unnatural degree of hunger). I like my privacy--and apparently, the other 'guests' don't like people who mind their own business. They consider them snobs!

I have had people on both sides of me whacking cabinet doors for hours as loud as they possibly could (and quite deliberately), as well as idiots upstairs who couldn't (or wouldn't) stop pacing and creaking the floorboards--all day long, every day.

God help you if you hate dogs. Almost everyone who lives here hasat least one, which they walk past your window and by your car all day long.

"Git me outta here!"

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed May 2, 2008

I usually travel to the area on corporate business. I had a comfortable stay at the Sunrise Motel. The staff was very accomadating. The rooms were clean and I was within minutes of Old Orchard Beach and various other attractions. The rates they offered were very reasonable. I would recommend staying at the Sunrise Motel.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank joejoe453
Reviewed May 2, 2008

I have stayed at this motel for the past 7 years. I am very happy and i must say that the people who run it, try their best every time to please all of our needs. Over the year they have made some changes to the rooms and I must say that the rooms have been kept up very nicely. The pool was the clearest i had seen it in a while and then one of the grounds keeper told me that they just remolded it the same year. It was very beauitful and they have a waterfall on it that my grandkids just love. I brings my grandkids one last time before their schooling begins, because it is nice to enjoy time to ourselfs as a family. I just love it and I hope they never grow up!!!

Stayed: August 2007
1  Thank planok55555
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saco
Exit 5 Motel and Cottages
Rodeway Inn Saco
Rodeway Inn Saco
#6 of 10 in Saco
Hampton Inn Saco / Biddeford
Holiday Inn Express Biddeford
Americas Best Value Mt. Royal Inn
Americas Best Value Mt. Royal In...
#34 of 44 in Old Orchard Beach
Ramada Saco/Old Orchard Beach Area

Been to Sunrise Motel & Cabins? Share your experiences!