“A Pleasant stay”

Hampton Inn Saco / Biddeford
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Saco
“A Pleasant stay”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

The building was clean, quiet, attractive and comfortable. Any contact with staff was positive. The facility wasn't difficult to find once we turned off the main highway. Parking was also spacious and convenient. I would stay there again and/or recommend it to any of my acquaintances.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Fred454
Reviewed July 5, 2013

was not expecting much for this one night business stay but was pleasantly surprised. Arrived late after a long drive. Front desk very helpful and found a local restaurant to deliver some food. Room clean and neat. Full breakfast in morning was all I needed to get me on my way
would stop here again. Great value

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I visited the Portland area and stayed right outside of city. I got to tour the area of Portland and Kennebunkport, Maine. The hotel was clean and the rooms were decent. I enjoyed the continental breakfast provided and the staff was courteous. I highly recommend this hotel if you do not want to pay the high prices downtown Portland. Close by the highway and close to a Portland. Had seafood in this area also and enjoyed area very much.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
New Jersey
Reviewed July 3, 2013

This was our first time in Maine and we mainly (pardon the pun) went to enjoy some Maine lobster, but also needed to keep our three small children (6,2,1) entertained. We chose this part of Maine because it is the Southernmost tourist area and we are from NJ so it was only 5.5 hours. The hotel was in a perfect location for our purposes. Although it is located in Saco, a non-tourist, blue-collar town, it was great for us because there was no traffic or loud partying going on to disturb our young family. If you are looking for a hotspot right in the center of the action, this is not for you. Try the center of Old Orchard Beach.

However, this hotel was 4 minutes to the Funtown/Splashtown and Aquaboggan parks which meant we could have fun in the morning and head back for lunch and naps to recharge for the evening. It was also only 10 minutes from Old Orchard Beach and Palace Playland and the BEST place to get lobster, Bayleys Lobster POUND (not restaurant). And it was only 15 minutes from Portland and the Maine islands. This to me was a great location.

In addition, I booked this hotel early with no deposit (February) and paid only $120 per night average, including tax. Every morning there was a nice buffet downstairs with a variety of muffins and cereals, but also hot oatmeal, fresh waffles, fruit and two hot items daily, like cheese omelets (microwave eggs), sausage, home fried potatoes, breakfast scramble, etc. I know it's not gourmet, but that is quite a value for a family to have access to. Saved us some money a couple of days.

My only concern is that I stated in my reservation, and I called on the phone prior to my arrival on two occasions that I did not want to use the card they had on file, which was a debit card, for the room stay because it would be "charged" twice and not released for 5 business days. This is because hotels put a hold on your card when you arrive AND charge it when you leave. This doesn't happen on a credit card, which I informed them I would provide upon check-in. Three separate people assured me they do not even hold the funds until check-in when you provide a card for use. Lo and behold, the "manager" had to leave early that day (or at least that's what I was told) and charged my debit card before she left, hours
before check-in time. The woman at the front desk was very kind and accommodating, but I am disappointed because management never even followed up, as I was promised.

In addition, the next day, all of the guests who checked in received care bags full of water and snacks to take to their rooms. My husband asked which guests receive this and the manager at the front desk said all guests received one at check-in. When he explained that we had not, the manager said "well there's nothing I can do about it now". Really? You couldn't give us a measly bag of waters and snacks, even after the mishandling of my debit card, which had funds held for a week that I couldn't use because of your negligence? The handling of all of these situations just demonstrate poor people skills.

Overall, the location of the hotel was perfect for us, the room, which was literally mid-renovation, was beautiful and cozy, the staff was very accommodating, BUT management is lacking and doesn't deal well with problems or guest concerns. In fact, there was no dealing at all.

• Stayed June 2013
CANADA
Reviewed July 3, 2013

We stayed here on our drive down to Florida and then again on our return. The bed is comfy and best of all they allow pets so our little Scottie was welcome. It is close to Portland and a short drive into Saco for eating out. We will definitely return in the future!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Saco, Maine
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I am a local and have stayed here before due to weather or utility
issues( combination). Always! immaculate!!! Always friendly!
This time I really appreiated the bagged-to-go breakfast bag
as I had to leave very early.
And this place has the BEST beds and BEST Pillows

Room Tip: If you book early ask for one on the front_ i doubt seriously that noise is an issue here but one ne...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
New York
Reviewed June 29, 2013

One of the things you know about a Hampton Inn is what you are getting, and so there are no surprises here. Our floor has new carpet and the rooms shows signs of recent work. The staff are friendly, particularly the breakfast staff.

The location of the hotel is in a wooded area near the highway but you would never know the highway is here. The good news is that it is not on a "strip" the bad news is that it is not on a strip so walking somewhere for dinner is not an option. Front desk had menu's that delivered, ordered Chinese food from Koi restaurant - expected mediocre, pleasantly surprised with a good meal.

Breakfast better then most they actually had fresh fruit, oatmeal, waffles and muffins, other then the powdered scrambled eggs (ugh) better then the usual fare, kids and parents all seemed happy.

Room Tip: At the moment the higher floors appear to the be ones that are getting the upgrade - but better to a...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saco
Holiday Inn Express Biddeford
Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Maine
Best Western Merry Manor Inn
Best Western Merry Manor Inn
#2 of 13 in South Portland

Been to Hampton Inn Saco / Biddeford? Share your experiences!