“Helpful staff, nice facility”

Hampton Inn Saco / Biddeford
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Saco
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Hotel staff was very helpful and found that I qualified for a lower rate. Complimentary evening snacks and good choice of hot breakfast items. Room was clean and quiet in the "reliable" Hampton style. Located just off of I-195 with the only dowside being that there wasn't anything in walking distance from the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Reviewed April 22, 2013

This past weekend we held a hockey tournament with teams from all over the globe. We practically took over the entire hotel for the weekend (with the exception of a few rooms). From start to finish I can't even begin to say how great the staff was to work with. Robin and her team were so courteous and bent over backward to provide everything we needed. We had 5 teams total stay at this hotel and with 3 of them being Russian it was quite trying for the hotel I am sure. We were still editing rooming lists merely hours before the teams were set to arrive and they gladly continued to make all the changes without complaints. They gave us use of a meeting room for the teams to hang out, a white board to put in the lobby and hang schedules from, and rearranged most of the rooms to exactly what we required.

With that already exceeding my expectations, it blew me away when one of the evening desk agents agreed to come shuttle an entire team back from the rink when their bus broke down on the first night. I think it took 3-4 trips with all of their equipment. After the last trip she informed us that she would be leaving around 11pm so if we needed anything else to let her know prior to that time, since after that there would only be one desk agent for the remainder of the night. We ran into a similar problem at around 10:30pm with one of the other teams so at 10:45 I called her and asked if it was possible to get an 11:15pm shuttle for about 18 people. Without so much as a sigh of annoyance she was like, "Absolutely! I will be there". She arrived on time all smiles at 11:15pm and the team wasn't even out of the locker room yet, but she stayed until they were ready and then in multiple trips brought the team back to the hotel. I know she must not have left the hotel until about Midnight and the fact that she was so happy and friendly about the whole situation it just blew me away. I've never had customer service quite so good before.

In addition to the service, the rooms were very clean, the beds were very comfortable, and the breakfast was awesome. The hotel was also only a mile away from the ice arena and about 5minutes from downtown Saco which was very convenient. The only thing that someone might have a problem with at this hotel is that their is no indoor pool, only an outdoor one. But that wasn't a need for us so we didn't care.

Anyways I would highly recommend this hotel to all guests traveling through the area. It's hard to find service this good in most areas.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 12, 2013

This hotel does not believe in customeer service unless you book directly throu them. I went through a travel site and booked my trip and becuase I did, they were very reluctant to help when things were not right.My pillow cases/pillows smelled old and as if they had been slept on for days. There were bugs on my bathroom floor and in my toilet and the beds were the most uncomfortable things ever! I felt as if I was at a motel 8. When I went to complain, I was told "You booked third party and you got what you paid fore""there is nothing we can do for you." The cleaning manger confronted me about my issues with the sheets and pillows. She said she smelled them and there was nothing wrong with tme. She was very rude and confrontational. She basically told me I was crazy if I thought there was anything wrong with them.Obviously customer service is not of their strong suits. Also because I booked third party, they refused to give me my hilton honors reward points again their answer to me was 'you booked third party so you are not entitled to them" All I can say is if you book through a travel site, you are definitely a third class guest int their eyes and are definitely at their mercy. My advice to you is stay at your own risk and dont book through a travel site!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank spring025
Robin D, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Saco / Biddeford, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

We are so sorry we were not able to provide you with a better quality of service during your recent stay with us. Please know that this is not typical of our usual Hamptonality and welcoming staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. While we do encourage our guests to book direct, we value all of our guests regardless of their booking method. We will be sure to address your concerns in our ongoing training for exceptional service and hope you will give us another chance to show you the quality service and accommodations you deserve should you return to our area in the future. If we may be of any additional assistance or if you would like to discuss your stay further, please do not hesitate to contact our offices directly.

Robin J. Dimitrova
Front Office Manager/Inside Sales Manager
48 Industrial Park Road
Saco, ME 04072
207-282-7222 ext. 5102
207-282-7333 fax

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Breakfast was excellent. I wasn't expecting it to be as good as it was. Rooms are a little dated but the hotel is being done up at the moment so it will up to date soon enough. The staff were very helpful & the tea/coffee in the lobby was a nice touch.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We recently had a AAU BASKETBALL tournament in the Biddeford area. We had 11 families staying over. Their group sales manager was phenom all not only setting up the families. They provided a hospitality room for the families to get together and enjoy their time together. As with a tournament our schedule kept changing and Robin the sales manager never blinked and kelp adjusting with us. Rooms were great. Would recommend the hotel and stay there again.....

Room Tip: Dd not have restaurant on site but ordered large amount of food from Amato's
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Robin D, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Saco / Biddeford, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Thank you for the great review! This group was a pleasure to work with, and very well-behaved.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

Well located close to the 95. This Hotel is well run and the staff were helpful and seemed to be happy. Breakfast was excellent with good variety of hot foods along with a good selection of fruits and yogurts. They accepted the hotel coupon from the welcome center so our stay was very reasonably priced. We got a solid referral for a down town restaurant and they had handouts available with directions. We'd definitely return

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay at the Hampton Inn Saco! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Everyone there was so nice and the hotel itself was a wonderful place - so well run and CLEAN!! They honored my Hilton status and even upgraded me. I recommend to anyone traveling in or thru this area

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saco
Holiday Inn Express Biddeford
Hampton Inn Kennebunk Kennebunkport
Rodeway Inn Saco
Rodeway Inn Saco
#6 of 10 in Saco
Homewood Suites by Hilton Portland
Hampton Inn & Suites Wells-Ogunquit
Exit 5 Motel and Cottages

Been to Hampton Inn Saco / Biddeford? Share your experiences!