All reviews dog park old orchard beach deluxe cabin pancake breakfast wooden swing tall trees hot tub travel trailer splash pad blueberry pancakes slide outs pull thru bath house planned activities big rig rv sites new section
Reviewed June 25, 2012

We rented the 36 foot trailer for the night even though it was only two of us. It was an older model but amazingly spacious. It has room to sleep 6 comfortably with a living room, dining room, and full kitchen with regular sized refrigerator. It had one tv with dvd player and cable. Dvd selection is small at campstore but redbox down the street. The bathroom is nice sized with a full shower but the tank underneath fills up so you may be hoofin it down to the showers...very close though. This campground has the feeling of being deep in the woods with all the trees, but in reality you are right off the main thoroughfare. Friendly people and lots to do. Be sure to try the run of the mill restaurant down on the waterfront! And..use the trolley to get to the beach..parking down there is a nightmare!

Date of stay: June 2012
Reviewed June 9, 2012

We stayed here for the fourth time. It's very close the the ocean. We usually come up the weekend after Labor Day because the weather is still good, there are almost no crowds and the price is about half of normal rates. Each time, the staff have always been wonderful. The kabins are clean and the bathrooms are nice. The children enjoy the playground and swimming pool. We've stayed at alot of KOAs and this one is one of our favorites.

Date of stay: June 2012
Reviewed January 5, 2012

My family has been camping since I was a child. We have done the tent route, the pop-up route, and most recently the rental trailer route. I would say we are pretty experienced campers.

We found the Saco Old Orchard KOA 2 years ago when the campground we had stayed in Old Orchard went 100% seasonal, and I can't say enough good things about it.

We travelled with 6 adults and 2 children, and rented 2 of the rental trailers and one cabin. All of the accomodations were clean and very well maintained. We experienced a couple minor issues which were quickly remedied. Each campsite has a picnic table and fire ring, and the sites themselves were very spacious.

The public restrooms were spotless every time we used them. While we did have bathrooms in our units, with a number of adults and children, we often used the public restrooms and even the showers a couple times, and they were always clean.

The entire campground is very well maintained. The staff is very visable on a daily basis working on cleaning and upkeep of the sites. My sister and I walked the campground every day, and never did we see any trash or garbage, and the "roads" were kept clear.

The pool wasn't huge, but it was very clean and well maintained. I like that the "deep" end wasn't too deep, and it gave us more room to "play".

The playground for the kids was very cute, and my son loved it. While at first we were disappointed there were no swings, it quickly became a non issue as there was plenty to keep him busy. I love that the ground is covered with sand, great idea.

We enjoyed breakfast at the Merry Moose a few times, and it was wonderful. Especially loved the blueberry pancakes! Desserts there were great (and large) too.

The staff was wonderful. We never once had any issue with any member of the staff. By the end of our stay were knew many by first name, and were always greeted with a smile. My sister and (now) brother-in-law got engaged during our stay, and the staff helped us to put up signs and balloons at the entry way to congratulate them. While I never had the chance to meet or speak with Larry, Nancy (the co-owner) was a doll. She and I emailed back and forth several times in preparation for our trip. She was always willing and able to answers my questions, and did everything she was able to to help make our vacation just perfect.

I cannot say enough about how wonderful our stays have been here. I am sorry some other reviewers didn't have a good experience, but in the 2 years we have been, we really have never had anything to complain about!

Date of stay: August 2011
2  Thank JessicaLee812
Reviewed October 29, 2011

I don't get the good reviews. This is a place to stay away from at all costs. If you go to campgrounds regularly this is one to avoid. Campground prides itself on poor service and less than perfect camp sites. The owner is not someone you want to meet. Deal with the staff if you can this guy is nasty even with small children around. He is a fowl man to meet!

Good luck!

Room tip: Ask for a dry spot.
Date of stay: August 2011
1  Thank CSWOALE
Reviewed September 7, 2011

The Koa is the best campground around! Clean, friendly and quiet. A must stay for any campers out there.

Date of stay: September 2011