Exit 5 Motel and Cottages
$75
RodewayInn
Travelocity
  • Pool
Norman's Motel(Old Orchard Beach)
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewsbed was comfortablebathtubsilverwareacfridgeoob
Reviewed June 18, 2011

I see not too many people visit this page but I just want to share my experience with you all so to save you a few bucks. The website shows this place as a really nice clean well kept place. Then you get there and it's gross!!!! There's signs EVERYWHERE about no refunds... clearly this is a good sign that they are used to people requesting refunds. We had a room next to someone who clearly lived there... and had the tv loud after 10 which was a rule quiet after 10pm!! So we tried to call the office and they were not available ((good hotels/motels, always have someone on))! We come to a hotel to sleep and feel safe, there we did not and there was no one there to ensure our happiness in the room. We ended up leaving at 11 pm to go to the hotel across the street which cost us ANOTHER 80 bucks. The next day we go there to see if by chance we can get a refund or at least a room upgrade for our last night that we paid to stay there. His excuse was that the walls were thin... OHWELL!! That they could move us but it would cost us another 8 bucks. I am sorry but we JUST paid 80 bucks to stay somewhere else for the night and already paid them 130 for the 2 days... But as my husband was trying to argue for the FREE move another person who lived in the motel ((if that tells you much )) and he was fighting with the owner about fleas being all in his room. WTH. So my husband decided we were going to cut our losses and we went home. This clearly ruined our vacations. They may not give refunds but they can rest assured that others will know about them as well as the bbb. USE EXTREME CAUTION WHEN EVEN CONSIDERING STAYING HERE. THE HOTEL ACROSS THE STREET RODEWAY WAS MUCH MUCH BETTER AND CLEANER FOR AROUND THE SAME PRICE!!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank EMTHERRIAULT
Reviewed April 5, 2011

have stayed here every time we have to go to Dayton Maine, I have stayed maybe 6 seperate times and found the staff to accomidate us everytime. They have even upgraded our rooms for an special occasion once. Very clean and the pool area is dated but is heated and clean. Our Group has stayed in the cottages, Single rooms, double rooms and suites. Never had any problems with insects of any kind. :) That makes me happy as I have stayed in some 5 star hotels and come home with bites on me. We travel all over New England ad NY. GREAT MOTEL !!!!!!

Room Tip: Don't be afraid to ask !!!
  • Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank shiningstarcindy
Reviewed July 25, 2010

My husband and myself, went to this Motel , because we had stayed there a few years back and it was lovely, it has since changed ownership.
First am found dirty diaper under the sink in the bathroom. They had sewer problems that week and the sewer truck was outside our door several times pumping the sewer. Forget sitting on the picnic table and having a meal! They said they had internet service, but it was not in our room we had to go up to the office or pool area. And forget any refund, if you go here and do not like something, You Will Not Get A Refund, fought for six months with credit Card company. I would never go back here, the customer service was beyond anything I have ever seen!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tg221
Reviewed July 25, 2010

We arrived on Friday and stayed until Tuesday. We stayed in the suite with 2 queen beds and 1 king. The suite was very clean, and much roomier then we expected. There seemed to be a insane number of towels in the suite. There were TV's in both bedrooms and in the main room. The only problem we had was parking. There is only room for one car near the suite, and since we were traveling separately, we had 2. My brother had to park his car further away, which was not a long walk, but you would expect 2 places at the large suite. Over all, it was a great place, and we will probably stay there again. We have family in Maine, and it is close to them, and as I stated, clean and well maintained.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank nurseatnite
Reviewed June 20, 2010

I reserved this hotel because the website says it has a heated indoor pool. After we had checked in, we were informed the pool wasn't open, and by the looks of the building it hadn't been opened in a long time. The website for the hotel is a definite misrepresentation of the facility. Can you say never again.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family