“Love sitting outside here.”
Review of Run of the Mill

Run of the Mill
Ranked #3 of 58 Restaurants in Saco
Cuisines: Brew Pub
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The Run of the Mill is an English Style Brew Pub. We offer 7 beers at a time and rotate those between the 25 different varieties that we offer. Our menu includes traditional meals such as Fish and Chips, Pot Roast and Bangers and Mashed Potatoes. We offer daily specials and non-traditional fare, including many steak, fish and even vegetarian options. The Run of the Mill is family and local oriented and we strive to use local farmers, bakers and fishermen. In addition to great food, great beer and a full bar, we have live music Thursdays, Saturdays and Sunday afternoons at 4pm, as well as an open mic night on Tuesdays. Music starts at 8pm and goes till 11pm. We offer a large deck over looking the beautiful Saco River, a separate outside menu including incredible Fish Tacos and some great Grilled Pizzas.
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This is a great pub. I don't drink beer but this is my favorite summer hang out. I LOVE the fish tacos. So flavor filled with just a bit of spice. It's so nice to listen to the water rushing by nearby. My husband and I go here for date night too. Good music on weekends!! I even liked them on fb just to get the latest news.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

A terrific pub with outdoor seating in the late spring and summer. The microbrews are always good and the food is always delicious. (Fortunes Rock Salmon burger is my favorite). The atmosphere is unique because of the tremendous work in restoring a portion of the old mill. The woodwork inside is beautiful. Good food, good beer and good atmosphere.... A winner for me!

Reviewed August 27, 2013

If this review were for a pub, I'd give it a five star rating. Terrific location and ambiance to experience the growing culture of micro brews. Run of the Mill is a wonderful dining experience for people who enjoy the atmosphere of being on the inside of Southern Maine's industrial history and enjoying good food with great beer. The seating is comfortably arranged inside of a formerly vacant brick mill complex picturesquely situated on the Saco River; but the outside seating, weather permitting, is what makes this restaurant extra special. Presentation of the food is lovely, amounts served are plentiful and all entrees we've ordered are delicious. I'm particularly fond of the Salmon Foccacia, a cooked to my preference piece of salmon served on a half piece of Focaccia bread, layered over a bed of greens, topped with grilled portobello mushrooms and the salmon, all prettily drizzled with a delicious sauce. Run of the Mill is nestled inside of a mill building so it can be a little difficult to find from Route One unless familiar with the area, but it's certainly destination dining at its very best.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

We have been hear several times, each time the food slips a little more.
This is a great location, nice patio and bar BUT I go there to eat not drink. RoM seems to be a victim of ingredient quality cutbacks. I can not return!
The service is okay and pleasant
This is a beer place so the wine list not very poor.

1  Thank vinoperson1
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We had 3 options..to wait 60 minutes to be seated outside, 30 minutes inside, or we could eat in the bar . We opted for the bar and were not disappointed..Within 5 minutes we had our clam chowder (outstanding ) and in another 10 minutes we had our meal..The fish piece was huge and that was half a portion..the fries were crispy and fresh..I didn't care too much for the cold slaw. My husband had the Shepherd's Pie which was bubbly hot with wonderful garlic mashed potatoes on top..over all, we will go back. It was a delicious meal! Our waitress ,Samantha,was efficient, cute and had a neat personality.She was serving a lot of people at the sme time. The place filled up quickly so go early. We were there around 6:00p.m.