“Great pub”

Run of the Mill
Ranked #2 of 59 Restaurants in Saco
Cuisines: Brew Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The Run of the Mill is an English Style Brew Pub. We offer 7 beers at a time and rotate those between the 25 different varieties that we offer. Our menu includes traditional meals such as Fish and Chips, Pot Roast and Bangers and Mashed Potatoes. We offer daily specials and non-traditional fare, including many steak, fish and even vegetarian options. The Run of the Mill is family and local oriented and we strive to use local farmers, bakers and fishermen. In addition to great food, great beer and a full bar, we have live music Thursdays, Saturdays and Sunday afternoons at 4pm, as well as an open mic night on Tuesdays. Music starts at 8pm and goes till 11pm. We offer a large deck over looking the beautiful Saco River, a separate outside menu including incredible Fish Tacos and some great Grilled Pizzas.
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Run of the Mill is a great addition to the pubs of Southern Maine. Their brews are great and range across a wide variety of types from pale ales and stouts to ambers. Food is good pub food too. It is very popular and is packed many nights. They also have live music and trivia nights. The outdoor seating overlooks the Saco River.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

We are a family of 4, 2 kids aged 10 and 6. we were recommended this restaurant by staff at the campground we were staying at. my husband was looking for fish and chips, and the rest of us wanted some variety. kids ordered the standard from kids menus, good portions. I had the Portobello mushroom stuffed with spinach, goat cheese, tomato and caramelized onion, grilled to perfection, Delish! and I am not a vegetarian! the kids and I tried hubbys fish ( I do not like eating fish) because it looked so good (haddock)and it was very good. I even order a half portion on our next visit. They brew their our beer too. My husband had the Bug (light, blond beer) and I had the amber ( can't remember name) very tasty.
the only thing is that they wait staff need to be a bit more friendly . on the 2 separate occasions, they seemed expressionless. Overall, we enjoyed our 2 visits and the kids did too. Prices were reasonable for families as well.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

WOW!Where do i start?Food is pedestrian at best.(Applebees anyone?),The management is NEVER around if a problem arises(often),We usually eat at the bar much to the chagrin of the texting bartender."Bartender had a what do you want?" attitude and wouldnt put the REdSox game on for us on a slooowww sunday afternoon.Patio is nice and servers were fine.But after that,yeeesh.I wouldnt go for a free meal there.I thought these were the same owners of The Liberal cup in Hollowell.same beer,same food,WAY better service.Gm is very cavalier to be running a food establishment.They must have missed the boat on the venue in Saco.Too bad beacuse the cup is busy,testive,friendsly and great service,Not so much the one in Saco.Lots of OTHER places to spend your $>jimmy the Greeks,Sebago Brewpub,Grittys,Sea dog brewery to name a few.stay away from here!

2  Thank rich h
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I love the Tarbox beer! It's dark and similar to Guiness but not quite as smooth. Our server Jessica, one week on the job, was very pleasant and the service was past. We started with an order of sweet potato fries-served hot and delicious. I had the fried haddock with sauteed onions and slaw. I took half home for another night. My wife had a cobb salad that was unremarkable

Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

The beer is fantastic, the weather was cooperative for a table on the deck overlooking the river and the food was all great. We got the fish tacos, lobster Club and the boomer sandwich. My only complaint was the oysters we had for an appetizer weren't shucked properly, a minor inconvenience