“Nice Afternoon Getaway”

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Nice Afternoon Getaway”
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Aquaboggan Water Park is a clean, safe, and friendly southern Maine attraction for Mainers and tourists alike. I imagine there are plenty of Old Orchard Beach families whose kids are hankering for being in the water after spending time at the beach. Maine's ocean water is a wee bit nippy, so the wave pool at Aquaboggan Water Park would be an excellent way to spend one of their vacation days. I spent a weekday afternoon here on my recent shopping trip to the Portland area from northern Maine. I was accompanied by my middle school-aged nephew because his mom flew out-of-town for a convention. I had always gone down the road to FunTown/SplashTown when my kids were little because there was more to do. But we just had an afternoon, so Aquaboggan Water Park seemed like a perfect choice.

We purchased the $30 Super Pass which gave us access to all the pools, slides, bumper boats, and mini-golf. It also gave us 2 times on the Grand-Prix race track and 1 time in the paddle boats. There is a $5 fee for a small locker. There is also a rental fee for inner tubes if you want them for the pools. Rides that require tubes are provided at the attraction. The snack bar is over-priced. We paid $20 for 2 cheeseburgers and 2 fries, with no soft drinks for $2.20. The snack bar doesn't accept plastic so remember to put some cash in your storage locker. There is a high-fee ATM near the snack bar. The good news is that they allow coolers, so you might want to pack your own sodas and snacks.

It seemed like every one was enjoying themselves. For most of the attractions we walked straight through. My nephew said that he loved the bumper boats and the mini-golf the best. I really liked lounging in the sun by the pool. I would go here again and think others would enjoy the facilities, as well.

Visited July 2012
2 Thank Deanna H

Panama City Beach, Florida
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Small water park with long lines”
Reviewed July 17, 2012 via mobile

A small water park but kept the kids busy due to the long lines. Probably wouldn't go back because of how packed it was on a weekday.

2 Thank HeartMy2Kids
East Corinth, Maine
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Fun place to bring the family.”
Reviewed July 14, 2012

We brought the family to Aquaboggan to get away from the heat. It worked! Great wave pool for the kids and if you have smaller children there is a kiddie area. The food is a bit expensive but the great thing is they allow you to bring in a cooler, so if you are pinching pennies, very convenient. Plenty of activities for the children, at $30 a ticket you have the use of the bumper cars, bumper boats, mini golf, and of course the water slides and wave pool. There is a slightly cheaper ticket that doesn't include some of the features ( I'm not sure which ones). There are plenty of picnic tables to set up camp for the day and if you have valuables they have lockers for your convenience. You can also rent double water tubes if you have younger children that you want to keep close while on the slides or for a couple that want to stay close:) Have a great time!

Visited July 2012
Baltimore, Maryland
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“How is this place still around?”
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Out dated waterpark with only a small handful of slides. Needs a major update. One plus is it is cheap, so I am sure it would be good for families looking for a place to cool off.

Visited July 2011
1 Thank Tara S
cape breton
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“NO waiting at all for rides galore”
Reviewed September 7, 2011

I admit it when my two young ones saw Aquaboggan and wanted to go I kept telling them to wait for 5 more minutes and we will be at Spashtown. I drove by Aquaboggan several years as it was Spashtown ,but decided to listen to the young ones and took my family there. From the outside it looks dated but i was pleasantly surprised at the cleani;less and how nice the workers were to the children. It is alot $ cheaper and to save some more bring a lunch ,we did'nt but we spent a lot less than expected. I have a new vacation spot to visit upon my yearly vivst to OOB ( 5 years and counting)

Visited August 2011