“Nice beach!”

Ferry Beach State Park
Ranked #2 of 21 things to do in Saco
More attraction details
Owner description: Located between Old Orchard Beach and Saco, this 117-acre park offers white sand beaches with swimming, picnicking, trail hiking and guided nature programs.
Reviewed July 25, 2012

My family and I recently met a friend here to enjoy the beach for a few hours. We enjoy state parks as they are always clean and reliable in their good services. They offer a changing area as well as toilets (without running water). We also used the rinse station so we could rinse off the salt water & sand. The waves were fairly small on the day we went but the kids still really enjoyed running away from them. I do not enjoy ocean water as it is a bit cold for me but the kids did not complain. We did not check out the walking trails. The staff was very nice when we arrived. The lady working offered the kids a "passport" and provided us with a brochure as well as directions on how to find the beach.

Reviewed July 11, 2012

First visit after reading some reviews. First the price to get in was high...2 adults, 2 young children $14......really??? There was nice parking and then a short walk through a woods trail to the beach. Beach is as long as the eye could see and there is plenty of space to set up your blankets and chairs. Water was nice and there was a lot of shells for the kids to pick through on the beach at low tide. However the sand dune piece that you read on line is a little over blown...they are there but your not walking that far out like other dunes I have seen. What this was.....a nice little beach for the kids to play on the beach and find shells. What I expected....not sure but more for the price and reviews...and that it is a state park. I have about 3 other beached in OOB area that do more for me than this one and cost $5-10 to park. Changing area is ok but a dirty outhouse....again other lots in area have better facilities with running water. I would not go back.

1  Thank NEFANMAN
Reviewed June 13, 2012

Great trails, awesome beach!. Just a true pleasure to visit

2  Thank John W
Reviewed April 20, 2012

Well maintained and a great place to spend some time appreciating southern Maine.

Reviewed April 20, 2012

The park is a great place to spend the day. Lots of neat trails and well maintained.