“Soiled underwear behind headboard”

Linnell Motel & Rest Inn Confrence  Center
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Rumford
Linnell Motel & Rest Inn Confrence Center
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Rumford
Freeport
“Soiled underwear behind headboard”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2012

Be careful! The lounge and front desk is pleasant. Thats as far as it goes. Make sure you ask to see your room before paying a penny. The rooms are absolutely disgusting. There were soiled underwear behind the headboard of the bed. The room seemed like it had never been cleaned and I mean NEVER. You do not want to stay here. This is unlike anyplace else in the state of Maine. Avoid this place like the plague, or you might get the plague.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
4 Thank Maine04032

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Manchester, New Hampshire
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 29, 2012

Great skiing in the area - but absolutely the most disgusting place to stay. Don't let anything touch the floor or bed you can't sanitize upon return home

Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Nordicmom81

Travelers are raving about these Rumford hotels

Ann Arbo
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2011

We stayed here on our way home from a long camping trip and we were just happy to be back in "civilization", however we would have been better off in our tent. The hotel smelled smokey and musty, there were water stains on the walls and cielings and the carpet was dirty. The sheets were clean though and we were tired so we stayed.
In the morning there was no hot water! I went to speak to the front desk and was told nobody in the complex had hot water and to bad. They would not rufund any money and they were very rude, to the point my husband actually called the police.
I have already contacted AAA and I plan on writing to the Maine Hotel Owners Association also. This place is disgusting!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank Acebcomp
Amenia, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2010

Since Rumford Maine does not have a lot of choices for places to stay with pets, we decided to check out the Linnell. I was pretty skeptical due to the three bad reviews and at that time not one good one. We asked to see the rooms before we decided to stay. We thought that it was only the rooms out front all on the first floor. We were surprised to find out that they have around 50 rooms. We were showed a couple of choices, queen room, king room (but you couldn't have the dog), a kitchenette room and also the small rooms out front (which I would not recommend if you can avoid it). The rooms are ok. It is an older motel and could use some updating but in this economy I can understand that they may not be able to afford to do that at this time. After asking for a couple of things to be done to our room it has been comfortable. We stayed two nights and I would come back here again. As far as the continental breakfast, it is what use to be the typical continental breakfast of years ago. Coffee/tea, juice and assorted muffins and pastries. Our room did have internet access and worked out very well (we are still in the room as I write this review). Seeing how we travel with our dog and did not have a lot of options I thought that this motel was a comfortable place to stay.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
8 Thank akes912
SF Bay Area, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2010

Everything that was said in the other two reviews is confirmed by me. There is no more to say except to pass this one up! I was thinking of sleeping in the car also. There was "guest" in the room below us who was smoking in the doorway of his nonsmoking room and he had a chainsaw outside his room! I'm writing to AAA because it was given 2 stars in the guide.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank firefly2007
Pardeeville, Wisconsin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2010

I totally agree with the first reveiw. They should be turned in for how gross and filthy it is, They are not even from the us.I wish we would of kept going. I am going to write someone to look into it.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank tminga
Welland, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2010

This motel is probably the worst that I stayed in, they should condemn this place. If I could of slept standing up. I would of. I was thinking of sleeping in my car, but it was a bit too cold.
This motel, smell, it's dirty, has bugs, no internet, like they promised us. In the morning the continental breakfast was a few extra large muffins cut in 4.
Do yourself a favor and don't even stop, wishes we had of.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank kanjo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rumford
Comfort Inn & Suites
The Bethel Inn Resort
The Inn at the Rostay
The Inn at the Rostay
#3 of 15 in Bethel

Been to Linnell Motel & Rest Inn Confrence Center? Share your experiences!